NHL: Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings Series Odds and Predictions
by Nicholas Tolomeo - 4/13/2010
Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings Series Odds
Los Angeles +190
No team in the Western Conference packs more of an offensive punch than the Vancouver Canucks. The last three seasons the team with the most regular season goals in the Western Conference went on to reach the Stanley Cup Finals.
Get up to $1000 in sign-up bonus!
Vancouver has been able to score a conference-leading 272 goals thanks in large part to its power play (20.9-percent), which is ranked sixth in the NHL. However, the Kings also excel in this area with a power play that produces goals 20.8 percent of the time.
In Henrik and Daniel Sedin, Vancouver has two legitimate superstars. However, in terms of goal scoring, that onus falls on Alexandre Burrows and Mikael Samuelsson. There may be no more diversified scoring team in the NHL. Six players recorded more than 50 points in the regular season.
Los Angeles only has one player (Anze Kopitar) with more than 60 points. He leads the team in both goals (34) and assists (47). There will be a lot of pressure on him and this singular attack will allow the average Vancouver defense to key in on one player.
The Kings are not exactly soaring into the playoffs. They are 3-7 in their last 10 games. Vancouver has not exactly been setting the ice on fire, but they have not had to. The Northwest Division had been clinched for a few weeks, so they were busy resting over the course of the last two weeks. Still, they went 5-4 down the stretch.
Vancouver won three of the four games against Los Angeles this season, but the Kings got the last laugh with an 8-3 pounding of the Canucks on April 1. In this series, though, the high-octane offense of Vancouver spells doom for the Kings. Los Angeles has not been to the playoffs in eight years, this should be a short return trip.
Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings Series Prediction
Vancouver in five
Doc’s Sports NHL customers ($100 players) won $2,500 during the regular season and the playoffs look prime for even more profits. Click Here for NHL picks prices.
Most Recent Hockey Handicapping Articles
- NHL Handicapping: Can Calgary Flames Continue Hot Play?
- NHL Handicapping: Pittsburgh Penguins Going for Rare Championship Repeat
- New Las Vegas Hockey Team: Interesting to See how Golden Knights Impact Economy
- NHL Betting Advice: Chicago Blackhawks Surging
- NHL Betting Advice: Handicapping the Edmonton Oilers
- NHL Betting Advice: Can Washington Capitals Move Past Historic Playoff Failure
- NHL Handicapping: Looks like Another Year of Wasted Potential from St. Louis Blues
- Hockey Handicapping and Betting: Any Value in NHL-Worst Avalanche?
- 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Predictions with Futures Odds and Expert Analysis
- NHL Betting Advice and Handicapping: Minnesota Wild Dominating the Moneyline