NHL: Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings Series Odds and Predictions
by Nicholas Tolomeo - 4/13/2010
Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings Series Odds
Los Angeles +190
No team in the Western Conference packs more of an offensive punch than the Vancouver Canucks. The last three seasons the team with the most regular season goals in the Western Conference went on to reach the Stanley Cup Finals.
Instant $250 Free Bonus Bet from Bovada -
Vancouver has been able to score a conference-leading 272 goals thanks in large part to its power play (20.9-percent), which is ranked sixth in the NHL. However, the Kings also excel in this area with a power play that produces goals 20.8 percent of the time.
In Henrik and Daniel Sedin, Vancouver has two legitimate superstars. However, in terms of goal scoring, that onus falls on Alexandre Burrows and Mikael Samuelsson. There may be no more diversified scoring team in the NHL. Six players recorded more than 50 points in the regular season.
Los Angeles only has one player (Anze Kopitar) with more than 60 points. He leads the team in both goals (34) and assists (47). There will be a lot of pressure on him and this singular attack will allow the average Vancouver defense to key in on one player.
The Kings are not exactly soaring into the playoffs. They are 3-7 in their last 10 games. Vancouver has not exactly been setting the ice on fire, but they have not had to. The Northwest Division had been clinched for a few weeks, so they were busy resting over the course of the last two weeks. Still, they went 5-4 down the stretch.
Vancouver won three of the four games against Los Angeles this season, but the Kings got the last laugh with an 8-3 pounding of the Canucks on April 1. In this series, though, the high-octane offense of Vancouver spells doom for the Kings. Los Angeles has not been to the playoffs in eight years, this should be a short return trip.
Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings Series Prediction
Vancouver in five
Doc’s Sports NHL customers ($100 players) won $2,500 during the regular season and the playoffs look prime for even more profits. Click Here for NHL picks prices.
Most Recent Hockey Handicapping Articles
- Hockey Handicapping and Betting: Any Value in NHL-Worst Avalanche?
- 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Predictions with Futures Odds and Expert Analysis
- NHL Betting Advice and Handicapping: Minnesota Wild Dominating the Moneyline
- NHL Betting and Handicapping: Looks Like Red Wings Will Miss Playoffs
- NHL Betting Advice: Keep Riding Columbus Blue Jackets or Jump Off Bandwagon?
- NHL Betting and Handicapping: Are Edmonton Oilers Finally a Team on the Rise?
- NHL Betting Advice: Best and Worst Teams for Wagering
- NHL Handicapping: Ranking the Divisions by Moneyline Betting Profit
- NHL Handicapping: How to Bet Montreal Canadiens after Hot Start
- NHL Handicapping: Calgary Flames a Team on an Upswing?