Top 10 Reasons to Bet on Hockey
by Doc's Sports - 9/18/2013
The 2013-14 NHL regular season is set to begin on Tuesday, Oct. 1, and that means that there will be plenty of opportunities to start making money on the ice. While the popularity of hockey in the United States isn’t the same as for football, basketball or even baseball, that doesn’t mean that you can’t cash in on it. In fact, there’s a good chance that you’ll see much better results if you do decide to dive into hockey this season. Here are the top 10 reasons that you should be betting on hockey this year:
- Hockey is a daily sport that offers lots of wagering opportunities. Each day the slate of games offers moneylines, pucklines and totals, so you can be selective in which games and the types of bets that you choose.
- Hockey doesn’t get the attention that the other sports do, thus the lines are much softer and provide much more value. If you take advantage of these errors by the linesmakers, you can build up your bankroll very quickly.
- Good hockey information is very hard to find, and when you get your hands on it, it can be very powerful. Doc’s knows what information wins and utilizes a sophisticated hockey model that calculates how much value each game has for the bettor.
- You don’t have to follow the NHL that closely, as Doc’s NHL Handicapper will do that for you and provide daily writeups with insightful information. We have a passion and dedication to the sport, and it shows up in our results.
- Hockey is played with tons of emotion, and sometimes that leads to excellent betting opportunities. Hockey players have tons of pride and don’t want to get embarrassed, so you oftentimes can find mismatches simply based on motivation and situational spots.
- Hockey is a streakier sport than most, and you can ride teams for long stretches or play against teams for long periods of time if you can identify a strong trend. Last season there were several long streaks that provided the bettor a clear path to profits.
- The NHL Playoffs are unlike any other sport, filled with non-stop action and drama…..and yes, more betting opportunities. There are series bets, conference winner bets, Stanley Cup future bets and more.
- Hockey is a great investment…..period. You won’t get the returns in the stock market that you’ll get for an entire hockey season. In a good hockey season, you can double your bankroll. Try doing that in the stock market in less than a year.
- Hockey is easier to beat than all other major sports. There are lots of people betting football, baseball and basketball, so the betting markets are much tighter in those sports. With relatively few people betting on the NHL, there are more opportunities in the market.
- And last, but certainly not least, you should bet hockey because Doc’s provides you with winning selections! Get on board with Doc’s Sports NHL selections. For just $595, you can receive every daily selection that we make from the beginning of the season through the Stanley Cup Finals in June of 2014. Click here to sign up for Doc’s NHL picks.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
$60 worth of member’s NHL picks absolutely free – no obligation, no sales people – you don’t even have to enter credit card information. You can use this $60 credit any way you please on any of our top hockey handicappers. Get your free picks by clicking here!
Most Recent Hockey Handicapping Articles
- NHL Betting Advice: Can Washington Capitals Move Past Historic Playoff Failure
- NHL Handicapping: Looks like Another Year of Wasted Potential from St. Louis Blues
- Hockey Handicapping and Betting: Any Value in NHL-Worst Avalanche?
- 2017 NHL Stanley Cup Predictions with Futures Odds and Expert Analysis
- NHL Betting Advice and Handicapping: Minnesota Wild Dominating the Moneyline
- NHL Betting and Handicapping: Looks Like Red Wings Will Miss Playoffs
- NHL Betting Advice: Keep Riding Columbus Blue Jackets or Jump Off Bandwagon?
- NHL Betting and Handicapping: Are Edmonton Oilers Finally a Team on the Rise?
- NHL Betting Advice: Best and Worst Teams for Wagering
- NHL Handicapping: Ranking the Divisions by Moneyline Betting Profit