After a dreadful lockout period, the 2013 NHL season is finally scheduled to begin on Jan. 19, and that means that there will be plenty of opportunities to start making money on the ice. While the popularity of hockey in the United States isn’t the same as for football, baseball or basketball, that doesn’t mean that you can’t cash in on it. In fact, there’s a good chance that you’ll see much better results if you do decide to dive into hockey betting this season. Here are the top 10 reasons that you should be betting on hockey this year:
25% BONUS ON ALL DEPOSITS AT BETONLINE -
1. Hockey is a daily sport that offers lots of opportunities. Each day the slate of games offers moneylines, pucklines and totals, so you can be selective in which games and types of bets that you choose.
2. Hockey doesn’t get the attention that the other sports do, thus the lines are much softer and can provide much more value. If you take advantage of these errors by the linesmakers, you can build up your bankroll very quickly.
3. Good hockey information is very hard to find, and when you get your hands on it, it can be very powerful for bettors. Doc’s knows what information wins and utilizes a sophisticated hockey model that calculates how much value each game has for the bettor.
4. You don’t have to follow the NHL that closely, as Doc’s NHL Handicapper will do that for you and provide daily write-ups with insightful information. We have a passion and dedication to the sport, and it shows up in our results.
5. The NHL Playoffs are unlike any other sport, filled with non-stop action and drama…..and yes, more betting opportunities. There are series bets, conference winner bets, Stanley Cup future bets and more.
6. Hockey is a streakier sport than most, and you can ride teams for long stretches or play against teams for long periods of time if you can identify a strong trend. Last season there were several long streaks that provided the bettor a clear path to profits.
7. This season will provide some very unique opportunities with the lockout. Some teams will be ready to go out of the gate, but others will be slow to get their feet under them with a short training camp. We’ve been working hard on identifying which teams will be ready to go once the season begins.
8. Hockey is a great investment…..period. You won’t get the returns in the stock market that you’ll get for an entire hockey season. In a good hockey season, you can easily double your bankroll. Try doing that in the stock market in less than a year.
9. Hockey is easier to beat than all other major sports. There are lots of people betting football, baseball and basketball, so the betting markets are much tighter in those sports. With relatively few people betting on the NHL, there are more opportunities in the market.
10. And last, but certainly not least, you should bet hockey because Doc’s provides you with winning selections!Get on board with Doc’s Sports NHL selections. For just $595, you can receive every daily selection that we make from the beginning of the season through the Stanley Cup Finals in June of 2013. Click here to sign up for Doc’s NHL picks.