Tuesday, March 21, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Senators at -200 and the Bruins at +170. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 71 games. They have an overall record of 39-24-8 and on the road they have a record of 20-13-0. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 188 goals and given up 185 goals for a point differential of +3. The Senators have an overall record of 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 35-32 and an over/under record of 28-40-3. Boston shows up with a record of 38-27-6 including 19-14-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 205 goals and surrendered 188 for a goal differential of +17. The Bruins have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 36-33 while their over/under record sits at 35-29-7.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 65 total points this season for the Senators. He has 14 goals this season with 198 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 51 assists on the season and averages 26.8 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19.4 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 23 goals on 155 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Mike Condon has 18 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 1,040 shots against him and has given up 89 goals. He has made 951 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 79 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 37 goals this season with 208 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 42 assists on the season and averages 19.5 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 31 goals on 234 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 63 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 33 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 1,392 shots against him and has given up 123 goals. He has made 1,269 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Senators have 86 total points this season. They have scored 188 goals while giving up 185 goals. They have had 221 power play opportunities and have scored 39 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Senators have allowed 221 power play opportunities and given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.79% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have a total of 82 points on the season. They have 45 power play goals on 216 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 226 power play opportunities and have given up 33 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 205 goals scored while they've given up 188 goals to this point. They average 34 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.54%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 48.1% as they've attempted 3,952 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,256 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.8% as they have 2,922 attempts while they've given up 3,063 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 52.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.8% for the season. They have 2,230 face off wins compared to 2,125 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.2%. On defense has 1,855 hits and they've blocked 1,193 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 4,400 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,600 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 55% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 55.7% as they have 3,346 shots while they've given up 2,662 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 53.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 53% as they've compiled 2,335 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,068 face off losses. On defense has blocked 938 shot attempts and they have 1,518 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 35-32 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 28-40-3 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 36-33 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 35-29-7 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
03/13/17 RW Mark Stone Lower Body out indefinitely
02/27/17 GO Andrew Hammond Hip out for season
Boston Bruins Injuries
03/19/17 C Patrice Bergeron Undisclosed probable Monday vs. Toronto
03/19/17 RW Drew Stafford Personal probable Monday vs. Toronto
03/13/17 C Tim Schaller Lower Body out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Boston +170
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Washington Capitals 4/27/2017 Free Game 1 NHL Picks & Predictions
- New York Rangers at Ottawa Senators 4/27/2017 Free Game 1 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Edmonton Oilers at Anaheim Ducks 4/26/2017 Free Game 1 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Nashville Predators at St. Louis Blues 4/26/2017 Free Game 1 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Washington Capitals at Toronto Maple Leafs 4/23/2017 Free Game 6 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Ottawa Senators at Boston Bruins 4/23/2017 Free Game 6 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Edmonton Oilers at San Jose Sharks 4/22/2017 Free Game 6 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Montreal Canadiens at New York Rangers 4/22/2017 Free Game 6 NHL Picks & Predictions
- St. Louis Blues at Minnesota Wild 4/22/2017 Free Game 5 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Toronto Maple Leafs at Washington Capitals 4/21/2017 Free Game 5 NHL Picks & Predictions