World Baseball Classic betting promises to be as popular as ever during the second incarnation of the worldwide event. The World Baseball Classic features 16 teams and 39 games. The WBC starts on March 5th and the finals are held in Los Angeles on March 21st, 22nd, & 23rd at Dodger Stadium.
Get a FREE 20% Signup Bonus at Bookmaker
- Mention bonus code DOC300
The World Baseball Classic was first held in 2006 and Japan beat Cuba by a score of 10-6 to claim the WBC Title. The United States did not qualify for the final four having been knocked out in the second round.
Betting on the World Baseball Classic will be popular during the month of March, but please keep in mind the following rules when deciding which team or total to select. This sort of has the same feel of an all-game game.
Rules for the pitchers:
1. A minimum of four days have passed since he last pitched, if he threw 50 or more pitches when he last pitched.
2. A minimum of one day has passed since he last pitched, if he threw 30 or more pitches when he last pitched.
3. A minimum of one day has passed since any second consecutive day on which the pitcher pitched.
4. 65 pitches per game in Round One of the tournament.
5. 80 pitches per game in Round Two of the tournament.
6. 95 pitches per game in the Semifinals and Final of the tournament.
A pitcher can still finish a batter's plate appearance even if the limit is reached, but must come out after completing the plate appearance.
A game will be a called game if the leading team is ahead by:
1. 10 or more runs when the opposing team has batted in at least seven innings.
2. 15 or more runs when the opposing team has batted in at least five innings.
The designated hitter will be used for all World Baseball Classic games.
For those interested in World Baseball Classic betting, check out the following popular links:
World Baseball Classic Odds
World Baseball Classic Schedule
World Baseball Classic Picks and Predictions