Monday, December 14, 2015
Joe Louis Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres travel to Joe Louis Arena to play the Detroit Red Wings on Monday, December 14, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Sabres at +164 and the Red Wings at -182. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this matchup having played 30 games. They have an overall record of 12-15-3 and on the road they have a record of 5-7-2. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 72 goals and given up 83 goals for a point differential of -11. Detroit shows up with a record of 16-8-6 including 10-5-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 78 goals and surrendered 77 for a goal differential of +1.
Jack Eichel has accumulated 14 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 9 goals this season with 97 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 5 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Ryan O'Reilly has averaged 22 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 10 goals on 74 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Chad Johnson has 7 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 481 shots against him and has given up 45 goals. He has made 436 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 11 goals this season with 81 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 5 goals on 64 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 24 points on the season. Jimmy Howard has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 406 shots against him and has given up 32 goals. He has made 374 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sabres have 27 total points this season. They have scored 71 goals while giving up 81 goals. They have had 94 power play opportunities and have scored 22 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Sabres have allowed 75 power play opportunities and given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.93% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Red Wings have a total of 38 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 97 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 101 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 77 goals scored while they've given up 76 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.00%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 11-18 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 10-12-8 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 15-14 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 9-14-7 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
11/30/15 C Tyler Ennis Upper Body out indefinitely
11/25/15 D Mark Pysyk Lower Body out indefinitely
10/09/15 GO Robin Lehner Ankle out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
12/04/15 LW Drew Miller Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
12/04/15 LW Teemu Pulkkinen Shoulder out 6-8 weeks
10/24/15 D Kyle Quincey Ankle out until mid-February
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Buffalo
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.