Friday, December 23, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Friday, December 23, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 33 games. They have an overall record of 14-15-4 and on the road they have a record of 7-6-1. Currently they are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 79 goals and given up 93 goals for a point differential of -14. The Red Wings have an overall record of 3-5-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 10-19 and an over/under record of 13-14-6. Florida shows up with a record of 15-13-5 including 9-5-0 at home this season. They are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 81 goals and surrendered 90 for a goal differential of -9. The Panthers have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 12-18 while their over/under record sits at 15-12-6.
Mike Green has accumulated 18 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 7 goals this season with 59 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 24 minutes played per game. Gustav Nyquist has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 4 goals on 69 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 17 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 9 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 545 shots against him and has given up 55 goals. He has made 490 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Jon Marchessault has accumulated 20 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 10 goals this season with 66 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 21 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 8 goals on 83 shots. He has 8 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 11 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 680 shots against him and has given up 56 goals. He has made 624 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have 32 total points this season. They have scored 79 goals while giving up 93 goals. They have had 113 power play opportunities and have scored 14 goals on those chances for a percentage of 12%. The Red Wings have allowed 99 power play opportunities and given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.49% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have a total of 35 points on the season. They have 17 power play goals on 112 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 103 power play opportunities and have given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 81 goals scored while they've given up 90 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.79%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 48% as they've attempted 1,683 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,822 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.7% as they have 1,274 attempts while they've given up 1,399 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 50.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.5% for the season. They have 1,027 face off wins compared to 919 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.8%. On defense Detroit has 654 hits and they've blocked 423 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 1,923 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,665 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.6% as they have 1,453 shots while they've given up 1,307 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 53.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 974 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,057 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 358 shot attempts and they have 696 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 10-19 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 13-14-6 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 12-18 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 15-12-6 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
12/20/16 D Brian Lashoff Facial "?" Friday vs Florida
12/20/16 GO Jimmy Howard Lower Body is downgraded to out indefinitely
12/20/16 D Mike Green Lower Body out indefinitely
12/20/16 RW Tomas Jurco Flu "?" Friday vs Florida
12/19/16 D Alexey Marchenko Shoulder out indefinitely
12/02/16 LW Justin Abdelkader Knee expected to miss 2-4 weeks
11/28/16 D Brendan Smith Knee expected to miss 4-6 weeks
11/28/16 LW Tyler Bertuzzi Ankle expected to miss 3-5 weeks
11/16/16 C Darren Helm Shoulder expected to miss 6-8 weeks
10/27/16 C Joe Vitale Concussion out indefinitely
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/20/16 C Jonathan Marchessault Lower Body is upgraded to probable Thursday vs. Boston
11/21/16 D Alex Petrovic Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles expected to miss 3-4 months
Guy's Pick: Take Detroit
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.