Tuesday, January 5, 2015
Wells Fargo Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Montreal Canadiens travel to Wells Fargo Center to play the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday, January 5, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Canadiens at -113 and the Flyers at +102. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Montreal comes into this matchup having played 40 games. They have an overall record of 22-15-3 and on the road they have a record of 11-9-1. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 116 goals and given up 99 goals for a point differential of +17. Philadelphia shows up with a record of 15-15-7 including 8-5-4 at home this season. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 79 goals and surrendered 102 for a goal differential of -23.
Tomas Plekanec has accumulated 30 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 8 goals this season with 90 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 16 goals on 159 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 31 points on the season. Mike Condon has 11 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 612 shots against him and has given up 57 goals. He has made 555 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Claude Giroux has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 12 goals this season with 102 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 9 goals on 81 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Steve Mason has 7 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 679 shots against him and has given up 61 goals. He has made 618 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Canadiens have 47 total points this season. They have scored 114 goals while giving up 98 goals. They have had 133 power play opportunities and have scored 25 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Canadiens have allowed 132 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.08% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Flyers have a total of 37 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 110 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 128 power play opportunities and have given up 29 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. As a team, the Canadiens have a total of 78 goals scored while they've given up 99 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.01%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 20-18 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 18-15-6 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 14-22 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 13-16-8 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/26/15 D Tom Gilbert Lower Body out indefinitely
11/30/15 GO Carey Price Knee out 6 weeks
01/03/16 RW Dale Weise Upper Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Tony's Pick: Take Philadelphia
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.