Anaheim Ducks at New York Islanders NHL Picks & Predictions 12/21/2017
Thursday, December 21, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Anaheim Ducks head to Barclays Center to take on the New York Islanders on Thursday, December 21, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Ducks at +127 and the Islanders at -140.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim has a record of 14-13-8 this year and away from home they have a record of 6-6-5. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They have tallied 92 goals and surrendered 104 goals for a point differential of -12. For the year they have an ATS mark of 14-21-0 and an over/under record of 12-22-0. New York has a record of 18-13-3 including 10-3-2 on home ice this year. They are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 121 goals and have given up 120 for a goal differential of +1. Their record against the spread is 18-16-0 while their over/under mark is 23-10-0.
Valuable Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 14-21-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 12-22-0 against the over/under this season
Important New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 18-16-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 23-10-0 against the over/under this season
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/14/17 LW Nick Ritchie Upper Body IR (12/08)
12/12/17 RW Corey Perry Leg IR (12/11)
12/01/17 LW Michael Liambas Upper Body IR (11/30)
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body IR (10/14)
10/02/17 C Ryan Kesler Hip IR (10/03)
Key New York Islanders Injuries
12/19/17 D Thomas Hickey Upper Body is "?" Thursday vs Anaheim
12/18/17 D Calvin de Haan Shoulder IR (12/08)
11/08/17 LW Nikolay Kulemin Upper Body IR (11/06)
Brandon Montour has scored 16 total points this year for the Ducks. He has 6 goals this season with 68 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 10 assists on the year and averages 20.4 minutes played per contest. Rickard Rakell averages 19.7 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by tallying 8 goals on 85 attempts. He has 13 assists, giving him a total of 21 points on the year. John Gibson has 10 wins and 11 losses this season in goal for the Ducks. He has 908 shots against him and he's surrendered 73 goals. He's made 835 stops for a save percentage of 92%.
Josh Bailey has 42 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 10 goals this year with 58 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 32 assists on the year and averages 18.1 minutes played per contest. Anders Lee averages 17.2 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 25% by scoring 21 goals on 83 attempts. He has 15 assists, giving him a total of 36 points on the year. Jaroslav Halak has 9 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has 548 shots against him and he's given up 52 goals. He's made 496 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Ducks have 36 total points this year, which is 20th in the NHL. They've scored 92 goals while giving up 104 scores, which has them ranked 24th and 13th respectively. They have had 98 power play chances and scored 17 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 17%. That is 22nd in the league. The Ducks have given up 133 power play opportunities and surrendered 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%, ranking them 6th when short-handed. They average 29 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.02% for the year. They allow 35 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is 4th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders are 16th in the league with a total of 39 points this season. They have 25 power play goals on 117 chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 7th in the NHL. They've given up 101 power play opportunities and surrendered 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 72%, ranking 31st overall. As a team, the Islanders are 2nd with a total of 121 goals scored while they've given up 120 goals this season, ranking 2nd in goals against. They average 31 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 11.43%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 89%, putting them 31st overall in the NHL.
Anaheim is 30th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 45.8%, as they've attempted 1,918 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,268 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 45.4% as they have 1,444 attempts while they have given up 1,735 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 31st in the league. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 45.4% of the time, which is 30th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 54.6% for the season. That is 1st overall in the NHL. They have 1,093 face-off wins compared to 1,058 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.8%. That ranks them 8th in the league. On defense Anaheim has 815 hits and they have blocked 533 shots from the opposition, putting them 3rd overall.
The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 49.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.3% for the year. That ranks them 20th and 12th respectively in the NHL. They have 979 face-off wins as opposed to 1,050 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.3%. That is 28th in the league. On defense New York has 702 hits and they've blocked 500 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 14th in blocked shots. New York is ranked 19th in Corsi percentage with 49.3% as they've tried 1,949 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,003 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 21st in the NHL at 49%, as they have 1,442 shots while they've given up 1,503 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Ducks/Islanders NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Anaheim +127 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Anaheim +127
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.