Sunday, January 22, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Columbus Blue Jackets travel to Canadian Tire Centre to play the Ottawa Senators on Sunday, January 22, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Blue Jackets at -140 and the Senators at +127. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Columbus comes into this matchup having played 44 games. They have an overall record of 30-10-4 and on the road they have a record of 13-5-3. Currently they are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 145 goals and given up 98 goals for a point differential of +47. The Blue Jackets have an overall record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 28-14 and an over/under record of 16-24-4. Ottawa shows up with a record of 24-15-4 including 13-7-4 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 113 goals and surrendered 111 for a goal differential of +2. The Senators have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 21-19 while their over/under record sits at 18-23-2.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Zach Werenski has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 110 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 5%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Cam Atkinson has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 21 goals on 133 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 27 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 1,013 shots against him and has given up 69 goals. He has made 944 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 37 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 97 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 21% by scoring 15 goals on 73 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Mike Condon has 12 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 628 shots against him and has given up 50 goals. He has made 578 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have 64 total points this season. They have scored 145 goals while giving up 98 goals. They have had 134 power play opportunities and have scored 33 goals on those chances for a percentage of 25%. The Blue Jackets have allowed 124 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.75% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Senators have a total of 52 points on the season. They have 23 power play goals on 135 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 139 power play opportunities and have given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Blue Jackets have a total of 113 goals scored while they've given up 111 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.14%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Columbus has a Corsi percentage of 49.8% as they've attempted 2,465 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,482 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.3% as they have 1,858 attempts while they've given up 1,837 shots on the defensive end. The Blue Jackets start possessions in the offensive zone 50.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.1% for the season. They have 1,274 face off wins compared to 1,394 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.8%. On defense Columbus has 828 hits and they've blocked 645 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 2,340 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,584 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48% as they have 1,707 shots while they've given up 1,846 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 51.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.4% as they've compiled 1,344 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,325 face off losses. On defense Ottawa has blocked 738 shot attempts and they have 1,137 hits as a unit.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 28-14 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 16-24-4 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 21-19 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 18-23-2 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
10/10/16 RW David Clarkson Back out indefinitely
01/20/17 D Markus Nutivaara Undisclosed out indefinitely
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Ankle out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
01/20/17 D Mark Borowiecki Flu "?" Saturday vs. Toronto
Josh's Pick: Take Ottawa +127
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.