New York Islanders at Florida Panthers NHL Picks & Predictions 12/4/2017
Monday, December 4, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Islanders head to BB&T Center to take on the Florida Panthers on Monday, December 4, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Islanders at -105 and the Panthers at -105.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York has a record of 15-8-2 this year and away from home they have a record of 7-7-0. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They have tallied 94 goals and surrendered 82 goals for a point differential of +12. For the year they have an ATS mark of 15-10-0 and an over/under record of 16-8-0. Florida has a record of 10-13-2 including 5-5-2 on home ice this year. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 75 goals and have given up 88 for a goal differential of -13. Their record against the spread is 10-15-0 while their over/under mark is 13-12-0.
Valuable New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 15-10-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 16-8-0 against the over/under this season
Important Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 10-15-0 straight up this year
The Florida Panthers are 13-12-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Islanders Injuries
12/01/17 C Casey Cizikas Lower Body is "?" Monday vs Florida
11/08/17 LW Nikolay Kulemin Upper Body IR (11/06)
Key Florida Panthers Injuries
11/26/17 RW Evgenii Dadonov Shoulder is out indefinitely
Anders Lee has scored 27 total points this year for the Islanders. He has 15 goals this season with 61 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 25%. He has a total of 12 assists on the year and averages 17 minutes played per contest. Josh Bailey averages 17.7 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 5 goals on 40 attempts. He has 25 assists, giving him a total of 30 points on the year. Thomas Greiss has 8 wins and 2 losses this season in goal for the Islanders. He has 422 shots against him and he's surrendered 44 goals. He's made 378 stops for a save percentage of 90%.
Jonathan Huberdeau has 25 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 8 goals this year with 74 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 17 assists on the year and averages 20.1 minutes played per contest. Vincent Trocheck averages 21.2 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 10 goals on 76 attempts. He has 13 assists, giving him a total of 23 points on the year. Roberto Luongo has 6 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has 499 shots against him and he's given up 36 goals. He's made 463 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders have 32 total points this year, which is 9th in the NHL. They've scored 94 goals while giving up 82 scores, which has them ranked 2nd and 7th respectively. They have had 88 power play chances and scored 19 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 22%. That is 11th in the league. The Islanders have given up 80 power play opportunities and surrendered 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%, ranking them 24th when short-handed. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 12.04% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 24th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Panthers are 29th in the league with a total of 22 points this season. They have 13 power play goals on 84 chances for a percentage of 15%. That is 28th in the NHL. They've given up 77 power play opportunities and surrendered 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 75%, ranking 28th overall. As a team, the Panthers are 21st with a total of 73 goals scored while they've given up 85 goals this season, ranking 5th in goals against. They average 35 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.46%. As a unit they give up 35 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 17th overall in the NHL.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 49.3% as they've tried 1,444 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,484 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 24th in Corsi percentage. They are 22nd in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 48.9% as they have 1,063 shots while they've given up 1,109 attempts on defense. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 49.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.4% for the year. That puts them 19th and 11th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 696 face-off wins as opposed to 774 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.3%. That is 28th overall in the NHL. On defense New York has 481 hits and they've blocked 375 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 15th in the league.
The Panthers are 28th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 46.6% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 53.4% for the season, which is 4th in the NHL. They have 827 face-off wins compared to 763 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52%. That is 6th in the league. On defense Florida has 476 hits and they have blocked 352 shots from the opposition, which is 23rd in the league. Florida is 22nd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49.2% as they've attempted 1,462 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,510 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 49.9% ranks 15th as they have 1,154 attempts while they have given up 1,158 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Islanders/Panthers NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take New York -105 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take New York -105
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.