Thursday, March 2, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Rangers travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Thursday, March 2, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Rangers at +127 and the Bruins at -140. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 62 games. They have an overall record of 40-20-2 and on the road they have a record of 21-8-0. Currently they are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 206 goals and given up 164 goals for a point differential of +42. The Rangers have an overall record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 37-22 and an over/under record of 33-24-5. Boston shows up with a record of 32-24-6 including 15-13-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 172 goals and surrendered 165 for a goal differential of +7. The Bruins have a record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 30-30 while their over/under record sits at 30-26-6.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Mats Zuccarello has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 12 goals this season with 159 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 18.8 minutes played per game. J.T. Miller has averaged 16.4 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 19 goals on 110 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 28 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 1,315 shots against him and has given up 116 goals. He has made 1,199 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
David Pastrnak has accumulated 51 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 26 goals this season with 192 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 17.9 minutes played per game. Brad Marchand has averaged 19.5 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 27 goals on 185 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 64 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 29 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 1,220 shots against him and has given up 107 goals. He has made 1,113 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Rangers have 82 total points this season. They have scored 206 goals while giving up 164 goals. They have had 180 power play opportunities and have scored 34 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Rangers have allowed 165 power play opportunities and given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 11.09% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Bruins have a total of 70 points on the season. They have 39 power play goals on 193 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 199 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Rangers have a total of 172 goals scored while they've given up 165 goals to this point. They average 34 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.16%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 49.3% as they've attempted 3,434 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,538 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.3% as they have 2,600 attempts while they've given up 2,573 shots on the defensive end. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 49.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.4% for the season. They have 1,744 face off wins compared to 1,888 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48%. On defense has 1,288 hits and they've blocked 965 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 3,883 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,170 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 55.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 55.7% as they have 2,933 shots while they've given up 2,336 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 53.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 52.8% as they've compiled 2,031 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,818 face off losses. On defense has blocked 834 shot attempts and they have 1,333 hits as a unit.
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 37-22 straight up
The New York Rangers are 33-24-5 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 30-30 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 30-26-6 against the over/under
New York Rangers Injuries
02/26/17 D Kevin Klein Upper Body expected to miss Tuesday vs. Montreal
01/18/17 RW Jesper Fast Upper Body out indefinitely
Boston Bruins Injuries
No key injuries to report
Guy's Pick: Take Boston -140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.