Philadelphia Flyers at Ottawa Senators NHL Picks & Predictions 10/26/2017
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Philadelphia Flyers head to Canadian Tire Centre to take on the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, October 26, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Flyers at +118 and the Senators at -130.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia has a record of 5-4-0 this year and away from home they have a record of 2-2-0. They are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They have tallied 30 goals and surrendered 24 goals for a point differential of +6. For the year they have an ATS mark of 5-4-0 and an over/under record of 5-4-0. Ottawa has a record of 4-1-4 including 1-1-4 on home ice this year. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 32 goals and have given up 24 for a goal differential of +8. Their record against the spread is 4-5-0 while their over/under mark is 5-4-0.
Valuable Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 5-4-0 straight up this year
The Philadelphia Flyers are 5-4-0 against the over/under this season
Important Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 4-5-0 straight up this year
The Ottawa Senators are 5-4-0 against the over/under this season
Key Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
10/24/17 C Nolan Patrick Concussion left last game, is "?" Thursday vs. Ottawa
10/24/17 LW Taylor Leier Upper Body is "?" Thursday vs. Ottawa
10/15/17 Colin McDonald Lower Body is OUT 4-6 weeks
10/15/17 GO Anthony Stolarz Knee IR (10/03)
Key Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/23/17 RW Bobby Ryan Hand is out indefinitely
10/20/17 C Zack Smith Upper Body is out indefinitely
10/15/17 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion IR (10/03)
10/15/17 C Colin White Wrist IR (10/03)
10/09/17 D Ben Harpur Shoulder IR (10/06)
Wayne Simmonds has scored 9 total points this year for the Flyers. He has 6 goals this season with 25 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 24%. He has a total of 3 assists on the year and averages 18 minutes played per contest. Claude Giroux averages 18.6 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 26% by tallying 5 goals on 19 attempts. He has 6 assists, giving him a total of 11 points on the year. Brian Elliott has 4 wins and 2 losses this season in goal for the Flyers. He has 161 shots against him and he's surrendered 20 goals. He's made 141 stops for a save percentage of 88%.
Mark Stone has 9 total points this season for the Senators. He has 5 goals this year with 25 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 20%. He has a total of 4 assists on the year and averages 20.2 minutes played per contest. Derick Brassard averages 18.9 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 26% by scoring 6 goals on 23 attempts. He has 4 assists, giving him a total of 10 points on the year. Craig Anderson has 3 wins and 1 loss this season in net for the Senators. He has 212 shots against him and he's given up 18 goals. He's made 194 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Flyers have 10 total points this year, which is 17th in the NHL. They've scored 30 goals while giving up 24 scores, which has them ranked 8th and 22nd respectively. They have had 39 power play chances and scored 8 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 21%. That is 11th in the league. The Flyers have given up 33 power play opportunities and surrendered 7 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking them 19th when short-handed. They average 33 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.24% for the year. They allow 28 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 17th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Senators are 9th in the league with a total of 12 points this season. They have 7 power play goals on 40 chances for a percentage of 18%. That is 14th in the NHL. They've given up 25 power play opportunities and surrendered 2 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 92%, ranking 1st overall. As a team, the Senators are 5th with a total of 32 goals scored while they've given up 24 goals this season, ranking 21st in goals against. They average 33 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.63%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 93%, putting them 5th overall in the NHL.
Philadelphia is 12th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49.9%, as they've attempted 519 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 522 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 51.4% as they have 393 attempts while they have given up 371 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 11th in the league. The Flyers start possessions in the offensive zone 51.2% of the time, which is 15th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.8% for the season. That is 16th overall in the NHL. They have 279 face-off wins compared to 266 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.2%. That ranks them 14th in the league. On defense Philadelphia has 157 hits and they have blocked 151 shots from the opposition, putting them 4th overall.
The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 56.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 43.5% for the year. That ranks them 4th and 28th respectively in the NHL. They have 303 face-off wins as opposed to 272 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.7%. That is 7th in the league. On defense Ottawa has 199 hits and they've blocked 165 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 1st in blocked shots. Ottawa is ranked 27th in Corsi percentage with 46.8% as they've tried 511 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 580 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 14th in the NHL at 49.6%, as they have 409 shots while they've given up 415 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Flyers/Senators NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Philadelphia +118 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Philadelphia +118
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.