Montreal Canadiens at St. Louis Blues NHL Picks & Predictions 1/10/2019
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Montreal Canadiens head to Enterprise Center to take on the St. Louis Blues on Thursday, January 10, 2019. The opening line for this contest has the Canadiens at -107 and the Blues at -113.
Montreal has a record of 23-16-5 this year. They are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've tallied 134 goals and surrendered 135 goals for a point differential of -1. For the year they have an ATS mark of 22-21-0 and an over/under record of 21-21-0. St. Louis has a record of 17-20-4 this season. They are 7th in the Central Division. They have scored 114 goals and given up 132 for a goal differential of -18. Their record against the spread is 17-23-0 while their over/under mark is 19-19-0.
Valuable Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 22-21-0 straight up this year
The Montreal Canadiens are 21-21-0 against the over/under this season
Important St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 17-23-0 straight up this year
The St. Louis Blues are 19-19-0 against the over/under this season
Key Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/26/18 D David Schlemko Upper Body IR (12/26)
01/03/19 RW Andrew Shaw Neck IR (01/03)
Key St. Louis Blues Injuries
10/04/18 LW Erik Foley Concussion is out indefinitely
01/08/19 LW Alexander Steen Upper Body IR (01/08)
01/08/19 C Tyler Bozak Upper Body is questionable Thursday vs Montreal
Max Domi has scored 39 total points this year for the Canadiens. He has 14 goals this season with 100 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 25 assists on the year and averages 17.7 minutes played per contest. Tomas Tatar averages 16.5 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by tallying 14 goals on 109 attempts. He has 19 assists, giving him a total of 33 points on the year. Carey Price has 16 wins and 12 losses this season in goal for the Canadiens. He has 957 shots against him and he's surrendered 87 goals. He's made 870 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Vladimir Tarasenko has 24 total points this season for the Blues. He has 12 goals this year with 149 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 12 assists on the year and averages 18.3 minutes played per contest. Ryan O'Reilly averages 20.6 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 16 goals on 105 attempts. He has 24 assists, giving him a total of 40 points on the year. Jake Allen has 14 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has 908 shots against him and he's given up 94 goals. He's made 814 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canadiens have 51 total points this year, which is 12th in the NHL. They've scored 134 goals while giving up 135 scores, which has them ranked 13th and 12th respectively. They have had 143 power play chances and scored 18 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 13%. That is 31st in the league. The Canadiens have given up 143 power play opportunities and surrendered 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%, ranking them 20th when short-handed. They average 34 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.00% for the year. They allow 31 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 18th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blues are 28th in the league with a total of 38 points this season. They have 24 power play goals on 126 chances for a percentage of 19%. That is 17th in the NHL. They've given up 135 power play opportunities and surrendered 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking 18th overall. As a team, the Blues are 27th with a total of 114 goals scored while they've given up 132 goals this season, ranking 13th in goals against. They average 31 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.03%. As a unit they give up 30 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 89%, putting them 29th overall in the NHL.
Montreal is 5th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 53.2%, as they've attempted 2,820 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,484 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 52.5% as they have 2,022 attempts while they have given up 1,833 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 6th in the league. The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 53% of the time, which is 9th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 47% for the season. That is 23rd overall in the NHL. They have 1,270 face-off wins compared to 1,418 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.2%. That ranks them 30th in the league. On defense Montreal has 1,194 hits and they have blocked 651 shots from the opposition, putting them 7th overall.
The Blues are 13th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 51.1% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 48.9% for the season, which is 18th in the NHL. They have 1,273 face-off wins compared to 1,192 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.6%. That is 8th in the league. On defense St. Louis has 825 hits and they have blocked 600 shots from the opposition, which is 19th in the league. St. Louis is 14th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.4% as they've attempted 2,284 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,250 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 50.9% ranks 12th as they have 1,708 attempts while they have given up 1,650 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Canadiens/Blues NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Montreal -107 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Montreal -107
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.