Belgium vs Tunisia Group G World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/23/2018
World Cup Group G
Saturday, June 23, 2018
Belgium will take on Tunisia at Spartak Stadium in a Group G matchup on Saturday, June 23, 2018. The opening line for this World Cup matchup has Belgium at -455 and Tunisia at +1200. The total opened at 2.75.
Things won't get much easier for Tunisia after facing England in the first fixture. In their second Group G game, they will be taking on an extremely talented Belgium side, which came into the World Cup as the third-ranked team in the world. Tunisia has shown in the recent past that they can keep the score low against top sides, but Belgium are huge favorites and should walk away from this matchup with a win.
Head coach Roberto Martinez knows that he has one of the best groups of attacking players on the planet and you can expect him to tell them to go straight at the Tunisian defense from the opening whistle. If all goes to plan, you can expect to see Belgium dominating in possession and scoring at least a couple of goals in this one. However, they can be a little disorganized defensively at times, so even lesser offenses can find holes against their 3-4-3 formation at times.
The right wing back might not be the most well-known Belgian player right now, but he was fantastic for them during qualifications. He played in three games during qualifiers and scored a very impressive five goals, including a hat trick against Gibraltar. He's a key part of the team's attacking style, but he will also need to be aware of the Tunisian players getting behind him.
With 90 caps under his belt, Witsel is one of Belgium's most experienced players. The 29-year-old midfielder hasn't really lived up to the hype that surrounded him five or so years ago, but he is one of the Belgium players who will be very active on both ends of the pitch. He's a good help defender and he's not shy about taking it at defenders when he has the ball.
This is the game where Tunisia will miss Youssef Msakni the most. The country's star winger would play a huge role against Belgium, keeping them under pressure and perhaps putting a bit of doubt in their minds. Without him, they will need some of their younger players to step up and not be afraid to take some chances against this talented Belgian side. Coach Nabil Maaloul has done a good job since taking over last year, but he'll need to work a miracle to get a positive result in this fixture.
The 23-year-old midfielder will pop up in different spots throughout the game and will look to spring the forwards whenever he can. Skhiri had just four caps coming into the World Cup, but he's known for his poise and his ability to break up play in the center of the pitch.
Against a team like Belgium, you have to have a keeper who is on top of his game. Hassen is just 23 and has only made a couple of appearances for his country so far, but he's agile and was able to keep a clean sheet against a solid Costa Rican team back in March.
Key Belgium Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Tunisia Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's Belgium/Tunisia World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take Tunisia +1200
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Villarreal vs Granada Prediction, 1/20/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Arminia Bielefeld vs VfB Stuttgart Prediction, 1/20/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- RB Leipzig vs Union Berlin Prediction, 1/20/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Betis vs Celta Vigo Prediction, 1/20/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Schalke 04 vs 1. FC Koln Prediction, 1/20/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Fulham vs Manchester United Prediction, 1/20/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Udinese vs Atalanta Prediction, 1/20/2021 Serie A Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Marseille vs Lens Prediction, 1/20/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Prediction, 1/20/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- SC Freiburg vs Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction, 1/20/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds