France vs Peru Group C World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/21/2018
World Cup Group C
Thursday, June 21, 2018
France will take on Peru at Ekaterinburg Arena in a Group C matchup on Thursday, June 21, 2018. The opening line for this World Cup matchup has France at -335 and Peru at +800. The total opened at 2.5.
France will be looking to get the ball to its highly skilled players up front as often as they can, while Peru will want to keep playing the high possession football they became known for during the qualification stages. France will be the favorites going into this game, but it wouldn't shock too many people if Peru is able to keep the game close and perhaps even get a positive result.
Expect to see France use an attacking 4-3-3 formation in this one to keep Peru off-balance. Peru is not the type of team that is going to put too much pressure on France's top players, which could work in France's favor. They'll attack down the flanks a lot in this game with their wide forwards and flashy full backs and could potentially put up three or more goals if they convert their chances.
Expect Griezmann to once again be France's top player on the pitch. The creative forward is one of the best players at getting into good attack positions, so all of Peru's hard work on defense could be for naught against this superstar striker. He's also the guy France's wide players will be looking for in the box when they get in good positions.
Nobody doubts Pogba's immense talent, but the athletic midfielder hasn't yet been able to step up his game in big international matches. This will be a good test for him since he will need to work hard to pick out good passes against a disciplined Peruvian defense. Also, don't be surprised to see a few missile shots from distance from the 25-year-old.
These are the types of games that head coach Ricardo Gareca has been trying to prep his team for. It seems like the players understand his high-possession philosophy, but will they be able to keep their composure against this very talented French side? Peru could get through this group even with a loss to France, but you can be sure that they will try to do everything in their power to at least get a point from this game.
Flores is a goal-scoring winger who has been very impressive in his 26 appearances for Peru. He's already scored nine goals for his national side, including three during qualifications. The 24-year-old will know that big clubs will be watching him in this tournament, especially in matchups like this one where he might not see too much of the ball. Will he be able to make the most of his opportunities?
Rodriguez is the team's captain and plays in the heart of the defense, so it will be up to him to keep his teammates in good positions and to keep France's attack from getting close to goal. The veteran has dealt with a bunch of injuries in recent years, so it'll be interesting to see if he can help Peru handle this young attacking front line from France.
Key France Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Peru Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's France/Peru World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take Peru +800
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Bayer Leverkusen vs SC Freiburg Prediction, 2/28/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Werder Bremen vs Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction, 2/26/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- VfB Stuttgart vs FC Schalke 04 Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chelsea vs Manchester United Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Koln Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FSV Mainz 05 vs FC Augsburg Prediction, 2/28/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Everton vs Southampton Prediction, 3/1/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Borussia Dortmund vs Arminia Bielefeld Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Granada vs Elche Prediction, 2/28/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Tottenham vs Burnley Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds