Panama vs Tunisia Group G World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/28/2018
World Cup Group G
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Panama will take on Tunisia at Mordovia Arena in a Group G matchup on Thursday, June 28, 2018. The opening line for this World Cup matchup has Panama at +230 and Tunisia at +133. The total opened at 2.25.
In a battle between two teams trying to squeak through in Group G, this will be each team's third and final fixture. Panama will hope that their hardworking style will be enough to grab all three points, while Tunisia will be hoping their slightly better attack will help them get the win. Tunisia is the favorite in this matchup, but this is one of the tougher games to predict.
Head coach Hernan Dario Gomez seems to love his new 5-4-1 formation since it is the type of formation that can confuse teams that aren't used to seeing it. It can be used aggressively or even as a defensive setup, though it can be weak against teams that like to attack through the middle. The one big issue that Panama may run into is dealing with Tunisia's size up front, which could cause some problems for Panama's weaker defenders.
Whether he starts for Panama or not, you can be sure that Torres will see some playing time against Tunisia and will be counted on to score a goal or two. He certainly has the quickness to create chances on his own, and he has a great poacher's instinct when random chances pop up. If he can get going in this one, Panama's chances of grabbing all three points will skyrocket.
Michael Amir Murillo
The 22-year-old right back is the type of player that could be a game-changer in this type of matchup. Tunisia will not put a lot of attention on him, which could be an issue because Murillo is great at getting forward and he already has two goals for his country.
Tunisia's attackers will be looking forward to this game because it might be the only one in group play where they can be very aggressive on offense. They don't have a ton of creativity, but they are always willing to run straight at the defense and put balls in the box. Considering they are facing a pretty weak Panama defense, they should be able to put a couple of goals past them, which could be enough to grab the three points.
With over 40 caps to his name now, the 26-year-old central midfielder is allowed to roam the midfield on both sides of the ball for his national side. He will push forward to help out in attack, and he is also often praised for his defensive work rate. On top of all of that, he is also currently Tunisia's go-to penalty taker, as seen in his team's first fixture when he scored against England.
Meriah seems to be an essential part of the Tunisian defense these days. He isn't the most positionally sound defender, but he is fantastic in the air and he can get the counter attack going with his above-average passing abilities. Expect the 24-year-old to once again play a key role for Tunisia in this matchup.
Key Panama Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Tunisia Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's Panama/Tunisia World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take Tunisia +133
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Atlanta United FC vs Philadelphia Union Prediction, 6/20/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Cincinnati vs Colorado Rapids Prediction, 6/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Columbus Crew vs Chicago Fire Prediction, 6/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- D.C. United vs Inter Miami CF Prediction, 6/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Real Salt Lake vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC Prediction, 6/18/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Toronto FC vs Orlando City SC Prediction, 6/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Los Angeles FC vs Houston Dynamo Prediction, 6/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Austin FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 6/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Portland Timbers vs Sporting KC Prediction, 6/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders FC Prediction, 6/19/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds