Portugal vs Morocco Group B World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/20/2018
World Cup Group B
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Portugal will play at Luzhniki Stadium when they take on Morocco on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 in a Group B matchup. The opening line for this game has Portugal at +340 and Morocco at -106. The total has been set at 2.25.
This is a must-win game for Portugal, who will be hoping to keep up with Spain at the top of the group, while Morocco will be hoping to walk away with at least a point. Neither team has a great defense, so there should be at least three combined goals in this game. Portugal will be the big favorites to win this matchup, but this Moroccan team does have the firepower to put at least one goal in the net.
Portugal's strategy is going to be the same as it was when they won the European Championships a couple of years ago. They will attack until they break the Moroccan defense down, and then they are going to attack some more. Expect Cristiano Ronaldo to see plenty of the ball and for him to easily break down Morocco's defense. Portugal's defense is a bit better this year, so they might even be able to hold Morocco scoreless if all goes to plan. All that really matters to them, though, is that they get the win and stay up near the top of the group.
Andre is probably the least-known Silva of all of the Silvas found in this group, but he is a very talented attacker who could do some damage in this game and beyond. The 22-year-old already has 23 caps for his country and has scored 12 goals.
Portugal will be facing another good offense in this matchup, so they will once again be depending on players like Carvalho to regain possession and hold those offenses up. The 26-year-old has plenty of international experience already (43 caps), so you can expect that he is ready for the challenge.
Morocco is the underdog in this matchup, but they do have a chance to make it through to the next round if they keep things from getting out of control. The problem is that they rely on a high-possession attacking style that might not be the best approach against teams like Portugal. If they can adjust their style a bit while still getting the most out of their attackers, they have a slight chance of stealing a point from their game against Portugal.
Some people will argue that this Morocco team has better talent that could replace Boutaib up front in the attack, but the 31-year-old has done quite well during his 15 international caps. He creates mismatches with his size and he was able to score four goals during the qualification stages.
Belhanda is another one of those players that seems to do better on the bigger stage. The Galatasaray attacking midfielder likes to dribble at defenses and he makes great decisions in front of goal. Even though he's not one of the bigger names on this team, they really do depend on him when they're going forward.
Key Portugal Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Morocco Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's Portugal/Morocco World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take Portugal +340
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Free Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Austin FC vs LA Galaxy Prediction, 9/24/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Philadelphia Union vs Los Angeles FC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Minnesota United FC vs St. Louis City SC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Real Salt Lake vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Orlando City SC vs Inter Miami CF Prediction, 9/24/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- San Jose Earthquakes vs Nashville SC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chicago Fire vs New England Revolution Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Dallas vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- D.C. United vs New York Red Bulls Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Cincinnati vs Charlotte FC Prediction, 9/23/2023 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds