Serbia vs Brazil Group E World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/27/2018
World Cup Group E
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Serbia will take on Brazil at Spartak Stadium in a Group E matchup on Wednesday, June 27, 2018. The opening line for this World Cup matchup has Serbia at +750 and Brazil at -275. The total opened at 2.5.
Brazil will be looking to use its plethora of attacking talent to run straight at the Serbians, while Serbia will want to play excellent defense and create at least a couple of chances. Brazil are the clear favorites in this game, but Serbia has already been able to surprise fans while playing the underdog role in this group.
Serbia is going to have a tough time in this matchup against Brazil, but they do have a chance if they can stay composed on defense. They have kind of a bad reputation for losing their focus in big games, which would be a disaster in this one considering they are facing some of the best attackers in the world. Their best chance of getting one or more points against Brazil will be to shut down the high quality scoring areas and make the most of the few chances they get when they have the ball.
As the current captain of Serbia, Kolarov will be counted on to lead by example as he did in the opening fixture by scoring the game-winning goal versus Costa Rica. The 32-year-old isn't the best defender, but he causes opposing defenses headaches with his runs down the left flank and his bullet crosses. And, of course, he can also be a lethal free-kick taker for his country.
Tosic wasn't always known for being a solid defender, but over the last year or so he has become very reliable for his country. The big question coming into this game is whether the 33-year-old can play well against Brazil's elite attackers. He should be able to handle anything in the air, but it will be interesting to see if he can deal with Brail's pace and creativity up front.
Brazil will do what they're known for doing in this game: attack and then attack some more. Neymar will obviously be the focal point of the attack, but they need everyone to step up to be able to break through what should be a very tight defensive setup from Serbia. If they can get an early goal, this one could end up being a blowout.
Pretty much universally known as the best left back in the world, Marcelo will be tasked with getting forward and creating opportunities against this stingy Serbian side. Serbia is one of the slower teams in this year's World Cup, so Marcelo might even make some of those darting runs towards the box he likes to make when playing for Real Madrid.
Coutinho might be the most important offensive player for Brazil in this matchup. The Serbians will be sitting back and trying to absorb the pressure coming at them, so it will be up to Coutinho to find some open spots outside of the box and use his lethal right foot to try to beat the keeper.
Key Serbia Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key Brazil Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's Serbia/Brazil World Cup game against the spread?
Josh's Pick: Take Brazil -275
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Real Madrid vs Levante Prediction, 1/30/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Granada vs Celta Vigo Prediction, 1/31/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Villarreal vs Real Sociedad Prediction, 1/30/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Betis vs Osasuna Prediction, 2/1/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Union Berlin vs Monchengladbach Prediction, 1/30/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Marseille vs Rennes Prediction, 1/30/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bologna vs AC Milan Prediction, 1/30/2021 Serie A Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bayern Munich vs 1899 Hoffenheim Prediction, 1/30/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Cagliari vs Sassuolo Prediction, 1/31/2021 Serie A Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- VfL Wolfsburg vs SC Freiburg Prediction, 1/31/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds