Sweden vs South Korea Group F World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/18/2018
World Cup Group F
Monday, June 18, 2018
Nizhny Novgorod Stadium
Sweden will play at Nizhny Novgorod Stadium when they take on South Korea on Monday, June 18, 2018 in a Group F matchup. The opening line for this game has Sweden at -200 and South Korea at +575. The total has been set at 2.25. This is a tough group to be in for both of these nations as Germany and Mexico are easily the favorites to go through to the round of 16. If either side is going to sneak into the next round, it's going to come down to getting as many points as they can in their matchups against each other.
Following Zlatan Ibrahimovic's retirement from international football, Sweden has had to quickly find a new identity. They no longer have their target man, but some say that might actually help them. They seem to have better overall chemistry in the 4-4-2 without Ibra, and they have a good mix of talent throughout their roster. Coming into the World Cup, Sweden is ranked 23rd in the world. Janne Andersson has done a pretty good job since taking over the coaching duties in 2016, going 9-4-6 in his 19 matches in charge.
The 26-year-old winger has been a solid playmaker for RB Leipzig and will be looking to take on opposing defenses in this tournament. In 34 matches for Sweden, Forsberg has six goals, four of which came during the qualifying round.
Lindelof is one to watch because he's not the type of defender that Sweden has had in the past. His elite passing skills can quickly turn defense into offense for the Swedes, perhaps surprising their opponents and leading to some big goals.
South Korea had some shaky qualification games and was kind of lucky to make it into the World Cup. Their struggles picked up again in recent friendlies, but they do have the talent to shock some teams ahead of them in the pecking order. In this game in particular, if they are aggressive and get their solid attacking players the ball consistently, they could walk away with one or maybe even all three points. The South Koreans are one of the lowest-ranked teams (61st overall) at the World Cup this year. Head coach Shin Tae-yong joined the team in 2017 and may be a bit overwhelmed by the big stage after only ever coaching in his home country and in Australia.
Easily South Korea's top talent right now, the Tottenham winger will be counted on to do just about everything on the offensive end of the pitch. If they can get Heung-min Son the ball, he won't be afraid to take it at even the best defenses in the world.
The truth is that South Korea will be on the back foot a lot and they will need Sung-yong Ki to do his best to disrupt play in the middle of the pitch and to find his teammates with good passes. In 100 appearances for his country, Ki has been able to score 10 goals.
Key Sweden Injuries
No key injuries to report
Key South Korea Injuries
No key injuries to report
Who will win tonight's Sweden/South Korea World Cup game against the spread?
Guy's Pick: Take Sweden -200
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- West Brom vs Manchester City Prediction, 1/26/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Southampton vs Arsenal Prediction, 1/26/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Crystal Palace vs West Ham United Prediction, 1/26/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Newcastle United vs Leeds United Prediction, 1/26/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Hertha BSC vs Werder Bremen Prediction, 1/23/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- SC Freiburg vs VfB Stuttgart Prediction, 1/23/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Arminia Bielefeld vs Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction, 1/23/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Alaves vs Real Madrid Prediction, 1/23/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Augsburg vs Union Berlin Prediction, 1/23/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Levante vs Valladolid Prediction, 1/22/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds