China vs Spain World Cup Picks 6/17/2019
Women's World Cup
Monday, June 17, 2019
China will head to Stade Océane when they face Spain on Monday, June 17, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has China priced at +376 and Spain coming in at -109. The bet for a draw is +1409.
In a Group B match that will feature two nations vying for a spot in the quarterfinals, second place Spain will take on third place China on Monday. Spain is coming off of a hard-fought loss to Germany last Wednesday, while China was able to come away with a 1-0 win over South Africa. Spain is a slight favorite in this match, though China's solid defense could cause them problems.
China will be desperate to get at least a point out of this matchup with Spain seeing as that is probably what it is going to take to make it into the Round of 16. They were able to end their six-match losing skid with their win over South Africa, but they have not been able to put up more than one goal since way back in January. They'll probably have a conservative approach against Spain, but chances are it will take more than one goal to get a win in this matchup.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Wang Shuang - After making a name for herself with PSG this past season, the expectation for Wang Shuang were quite high coming into this tournament. The young midfielder has yet to score in the World Cup, but she has shown flashes of her creative genius. It will be up to her to put Spain's defense under pressure and either score herself or set up her teammates.
Li Ying - Li Ying is the other major attacking threat on this China squad. The 24-year-old striker was able to score the winner versus South Africa, giving her 13 international goals in 40 appearances. She might be isolated for large portions of this match, so she will need to get herself into good positions and more the most of her opportunities to give China a shot.
After their loss to Germany last week, Spain will not be feeling comfortable with their slim lead over China for second place in Group B. That loss to Germany wasn't all bad news, though, because they were able to once again show that they can compete with just about any country in the world. They have a very talented group of players, but they will want to get a few more shots on goal from their attackers in this one.
Marta Torrejon - Spain has one of the better defenses in the World Cup this year, and right back Marta Torrejon is a major part of that group. She has great speed, so attackers have a tough time getting past her and opposing left backs have an even tougher time stopping her. Torrejon is also a good finisher, as evidenced by her six goals during domestic play this season.
Jennifer Hermoso - After impressively scoring 24 goals in just 28 games for Atletico Madrid this year, Hermoso came into the World Cup as a striker to watch. Well, she has not let Spain's fans down as she has scored two key goals in two matches, which gives her 27 goals in 56 international appearances.
Who will win tonight's China/Spain World Cup game against the spread?
Guy's Pick: Take Spain -109
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- LA Galaxy vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC Prediction, 8/8/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Cincinnati vs Orlando City SC Prediction, 8/7/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New England Revolution vs Philadelphia Union Prediction, 8/8/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Dallas vs Austin FC Prediction, 8/7/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Columbus Crew vs Atlanta United FC Prediction, 8/7/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Inter Miami CF vs Nashville SC Prediction, 8/8/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- D.C. United vs CF Montreal Prediction, 8/8/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Toronto FC vs New York City FC Prediction, 8/7/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Colorado Rapids vs Sporting KC Prediction, 8/7/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls Prediction, 8/8/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds