France vs Brazil World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/23/2019
Women's World Cup
Sunday, June 23, 2019
Grand Stade du Havre
France will play at Grand Stade du Havre when they take on Brazil on Sunday, June 23, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has France at -344 and Brazil at +668. The bet for a draw has been set at +365.
On Sunday afternoon, Group A winners France will be facing third-place finalist Brazil in the Round of 16 at the Women's World Cup. The French, who came into the tournament ranked fourth in the world, were able to sweep through their group and ended up outscoring their opponents 7-1. The Brazilians also performed well during Group C play, picking up two wins and finishing tied with Italy and Australia with six points apiece. France will be the favorites in this one, though it is expected to be a tightly-fought game.
France head coach Corinne Diacre has to be very pleased with the way her team performed during the group stages. It's true that they didn't have the toughest group out there, but they dominated possession in all three games and they only gave up one goal. If they can keep that momentum going and retain possession the way they did in group play, they should have no problem picking up another win in this match against Brazil.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Key Players for France:
Wendie Renard - Is there a better offensive defender than Renard in women's football? The 28-year-old was able to pick up two goals in France's win over Korea and then picked up the winner against Nigeria in the team's final game of group play. On top of her offensive prowess, Renard is also an excellent defender, so she should cause Brazil plenty of problems on both ends of the pitch.
Amandine Henry - Brazil has some pretty good midfielders and attackers, so it will be up to Henry to shut them down quickly and get France back on the front foot during this match. The 29-year-old defensive midfielder is one of the most experienced players on this French side (83 caps), so she will be counted on to keep her team composed if they don't get out to a flying start in this match.
This will be a very interesting match for Brazil. They prefer having the majority of the possession, but so does France. That could spell trouble for the Brazilians as they seem to struggle when they aren't constantly pushing forward, as evidenced by their 3-2 loss to Australia during the group stages. They do have a chance in this match, though, since they have some of the most feared attackers in women's world football on their team.
Key Players for Brazil:
Cristiane - The 34-year-old striker was excellent during the group stages, picking up four of Brazil's six goals and looking absolutely unstoppable at times. If Brazil is able to win the possession game, Cristiane will get her chances and Brazil will have a chance to move on to the next round. If she is denied the ball, Brazil could struggle.
Monica - The veteran defender has played in plenty of big games throughout her career, so she will want to tap into that experience for this match against France. She will be tasked with slowing down France's top attackers and moving the ball forward quickly to Brazil's star forwards.
Who will win tonight's France/Brazil World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take France -344
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Real Salt Lake vs FC Dallas Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FSV Mainz 05 vs Monchengladbach Prediction, 10/24/2020 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bayer Leverkusen vs FC Augsburg Prediction, 10/26/2020 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke 04 Prediction, 10/24/2020 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Cincinnati vs Minnesota United FC Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York City FC vs Montreal Impact Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Inter Miami CF vs Orlando City SC Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Atlanta United FC vs D.C. United Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds