Italy vs Brazil Soccer Betting Tips and Predictions 6/18/2019
Women's World Cup
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Stade du Hainaut
Italy will play at Stade du Hainaut when they take on Brazil on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has Italy at +179 and Brazil at +136. The line on the game being a draw has been set at +195.
Italy will be looking to lock down first place in Group C on Tuesday when they face off against Brazil at Stade du Hainaut. Italy has been excellent through its first two World Cup matches this year, beating Australia 2-1 in their opening fixture and trouncing Jamaica 5-0 on Friday. Brazil has also played well, but their 3-2 loss to Australia leaves them in danger of missing out on the Round of 16 if they aren't able to at least get a point out of this match.
Italy is now on a five-game winning streak after their big win over Jamaica last week. Their defense was expected to be one of the best at the World Cup this year, but their attack has been very impressive as well. They rank second in the tournament with seven goals and they've done that with good team play and top-notch performances from their players up front.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Key Players for Italy:
Aurora Galli - The young midfielder now has two goals in just 71 minutes on the pitch in her first World Cup. Galli should get the start against Brazil and coach Milena Bertolini will want her to continue to be aggressive. She's looking to earn a regular spot in the starting lineup, so expect Galli to be on top of her game in this one.
Cristiana Girelli - The Juventus striker, who scored 13 goals in just 19 domestic games this season, has been Italy's best player through its first two World Cup matches. She's already scored three goals - good for third-best in the tournament - and she now has 23 goals in just 39 career international appearances. She'll once again be the main focus of Italy's attack on Tuesday.
Brazil came into the World Cup as a top-10 team in the world rankings, but they've struggled quite a bit this year. They did comfortably defeat Jamaica 3-0 in their first fixture, but their loss to Australia last Thursday made them 1-10 in their last 11 games. Still, if they're able to play to their full potential, they have a real shot at defeating the Italians and making it into the next round.
Key Players for Brazil:
Marta Vieira da Silva - Considered to be one of the best goal-scorers of all-time, Marta will be counted on once again to have a huge game against Italy. After scoring against Australia, she seems to be over the muscle strain that kept her out of Brazil's opening match. Her teammates and fans will be hoping that the superstar will be able to play all 90 minutes on Tuesday afternoon.
Cristiane Rozeira - The veteran PSG striker has had quite the tournament so far. After picking up a hat trick against Jamaica, Cristiane was able to score another against Australia last week. She has a very impressive 94 goals in her 140 caps now and will need to keep this momentum going to give Brazil a shot to defeat Italy.
Who will win tonight's Italy/Brazil World Cup game against the spread?
Josh's Pick: Take Brazil +136
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Seattle Sounders FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Houston Dynamo vs Real Salt Lake Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York City FC vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- LA Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Toronto FC vs Nashville SC Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Austin FC vs Colorado Rapids Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Inter Miami CF vs CF Montreal Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Orlando City SC vs Atlanta United FC Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Philadelphia Union vs Chicago Fire Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Los Angeles FC vs Minnesota United FC Prediction, 7/28/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds