Jamaica vs Australia World Cup Picks & Predictions 6/18/2019
Women's World Cup
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Stade des Alpes
Jamaica will play at Stade des Alpes when they take on Australia on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has Jamaica at +1558 and Australia at -3257. The bet for a draw has been set at +1018.
On Tuesday, Australia will be looking to guarantee its spot in the qualification stages when they go up against last-placed Jamaica in the final fixture of Group C play. Australia is coming off of a much-needed 3-2 victory over Brazil, while Jamaica has yet to score a goal through its first two matches. Seeing as Australia is one of the highest ranked teams at the World Cup and Jamaica is one of the lowest, it is hard to imagine anything but an Australian victory in this matchup.
Jamaica have unsurprisingly struggled more than most at this World Cup. They didn't have much possession in their 3-0 loss to Brazil, and then it got worse when they were trounced 5-0 by Italy. This is a very young team, though, so and head coach Hue Menzies will want to see which players perform in this match against Australia so he has an easier time knowing who will be part of the team's future.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Key Players for Jamaica:
Allyson Swaby - Swaby, a 22-year-old defender who plays domestically for Roma, is expected to be a major part of this Jamaican team's future. She, along with rest of the Jamaican team, has had a rough time against some good attackers so far in this tournament, but these games will so a lot of good for her moving forward.
Havana Solaun - Solaun is a very good offensive-minded midfielder who plays a key role on this Jamaican team. She needs to protect her back line when on defense and she needs to be the player who quickly gets the ball moving the other direction when Jamaica gets possession. If Jamaica wants to have any chance in this match, Solaun will need to be in top form.
Coach Ante Milicic knows that his team has the talent to easily defeat this young Jamaican side, but he'll also know that they need to score some extra goals to ensure their place in the next round of the tournament. Expect Australia to be aggressive throughout this match in an attempt to push their goal differential into a better place.
Key Players for Australia:
Sam Kerr - Kerr is already in her tenth year with the Australian team and she's still only 25 years old. The superstar striker has one goal through two games, and she's created multiple chances both for herself and her teammates. She should see plenty of the ball against Jamaica and it wouldn't surprise anyone if she put two or more goals in the back of the net.
Caitlin Foord - Foord may not be as well-known as Kerr, but she also plays a huge role on this team. The midfielder scored a beauty at the stroke of halftime in the win against Brazil last week and she now has 11 goals in 42 appearances for her national team. Against Jamaica, expect Foord to line up as a winger and to be aggressive as often as she can as Australia looks to put as many balls into the back of the net as possible.
Who will win tonight's Jamaica/Australia World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take Jamaica +1558
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Toronto FC vs Nashville SC Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Seattle Sounders FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Houston Dynamo vs Real Salt Lake Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Austin FC vs Colorado Rapids Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Sporting KC vs FC Dallas Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York Red Bulls vs New England Revolution Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Los Angeles FC vs Minnesota United FC Prediction, 7/28/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Inter Miami CF vs CF Montreal Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs Minnesota United FC Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Orlando City SC vs Atlanta United FC Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds