Nigeria vs France Soccer Betting Tips 6/17/2019
Women's World Cup
Monday, June 17, 2019
Nigeria will play at Roazhon Park when they take on France on Monday, June 17, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has Nigeria at +1278 and France at -902. The bet for a draw has been set at +579.
Highly ranked (and host) France will be expected to win Group A when they go up against Nigeria in the teams' final group stage match. France has looked great through its first two games, picking up a 2-1 win over Norway and a dominant 4-0 victory over Korea. Nigeria still has a chance to make it to the next round after coming away with a surprising 2-0 win over Korea last Wednesday.
Head coach Thomas Dennerby has to be pleased with how his Nigerian team hasplayed so far seeing as they came into the tournament ranked 38 th in the world. But he'll also know that France presents his team's toughest game yet and that they might need to get at least a point to make it through to the next round. Expect Nigeria to have a more defensive approach early on in this match and look to break out on the counterattack whenever they can.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Key Players for Nigeria:
Asisat Oshoala - She may only be 24 years old, but Nigeria's top striker is already considered the country's best player. She has already picked up African Player of the Year awards and she's started off the World Cup in style by putting opposing defenses under plenty of pressure. Oshoala has one goal in two games so far, giving her a total of 12 goals in just 19 international appearances.
Onome Ebi - If Nigeria wants any chance to get a point or more from this game against France, they'll need their defense to play well. Ebi is one of the key veterans on the team and she'll be tasked with slowing down France's potent attack through the middle. She'll also play a key role on corner kicks after scoring six goals in 17 games for Minsk this season.
France came into this tournament as one of the favorites, and they've certainly looked the part through two games. Their aggressive attack put Norway and South Korea under plenty of pressure, and their defense has been nearly flawless. Their only worry going into this game against Nigeria is whether they can consistently get back and defend when they lose possession and Nigeria comes at them on the counterattack.
Key Players for France:
Eugenie Le Sommer - The star striker has two key goals in France's opening two matches, moving her closer to being France's all-time leading scorer. Le Sommer is the focal point of France's attack, regardless of whether she is playing as an attacking midfielder or up front as a striker. Needless to say, expect to see her play an important role in this match against Nigeria.
Wendie Renard - Renard continues to show why so many people consider her to be one of the most well-rounded defenders in the world. Not only does she play excellent defense for club and country, she also scores a lot of important goals. She already has two goals in the World Cup this year, giving her 20 in 108 appearances.
Who will win tonight's Nigeria/France World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take France -902
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Inter Miami CF vs CF Montreal Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Houston Dynamo vs Real Salt Lake Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Philadelphia Union vs Chicago Fire Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Toronto FC vs Nashville SC Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Seattle Sounders FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Sporting KC vs FC Dallas Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- LA Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York City FC vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Orlando City SC vs Atlanta United FC Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs Minnesota United FC Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds