Thailand vs Chile World Cup Picks 6/20/2019
Women's World Cup
Thursday, June 20, 2019
Thailand will head to Roazhon Park when they face Chile on Thursday, June 20, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has Thailand priced at +1319 and Chile coming in at -625. The bet for a draw is +677.
On Thursday afternoon in Group F play, Chile will be taking on Thailand in game that features the two bottom teams in the group. Chile lost 2-0 to Sweden in its opening fixture and were then sounded defeated 3-0 by the United States on Sunday. Thailand has had an even rougher go of it, giving up a record-breaking 13 goals to the United States and then losing 5-1 to Sweden in their second match. Chile will be highly favored to come away with all three points in this game.
This has been a tournament to forget for Thailand as they have been on the wrong end of multiple record-breaking performances so far. To be fair, though, they have only played elite teams in the United States and Sweden. Still, they won't be happy that they've given up so many goals and have had so little of the possession. Now that they know that they aren't making it to the next round, expect them to be a bit more aggressive against Chile on Thursday.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Key Players for Thailand:
Kanjana Sungngoen - Sungngoen has scored Thailand's only goal in this tournament so far and she should once again be the lone striker when they face Chile on Thursday. She hasn't had too many chances to show off her skills since her team has mostly been on the back foot, but with a more aggressive approach versus Chile she should see more of the ball in this one.
Silawan Intamee - The 25-year-old midfielder is one of the more creative players on this team and she should have more opportunities to show off her skills in this game. Intamee could also be a factor in front of goal if Thailand does play more aggressively, which could give her a chance to score her tenth national team goal.
Chile will be holding out a little bit of hope that they can make it to the knockout stages if they get the win here and get a little bit of help from teams in other groups. They will need to absolutely dominate this game to make it through, though, as they need to make up a six-goal difference to even have a chance. They are playing against one of the weakest defensive teams out there, so you can be sure that they will attempt and all-out attack strategy.
Key Players for Chile:
Daniela Zamora - It's hard not to feel for Zamora after those first two games. She barely touched the ball against Sweden and the United States, so she has had very few chances to show what she can do in the opposing box. Look for the 28-year-old winger to have a bit more freedom in this matchup.
Maria José Urrutia - Urrutia, who has one goal in 10 international appearances, lined up as the lone striker in Chile's first two World Cup matches and should do so again in this one. She'll be going up against a pretty poor defense, so she should get plenty of chances in front of goal.
Who will win tonight's Thailand/Chile World Cup game against the spread?
Guy's Pick: Take Chile -625
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Bayer Leverkusen vs FC Augsburg Prediction, 10/26/2020 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Houston Dynamo vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Los Angeles FC vs LA Galaxy Prediction, 10/25/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction, 10/24/2020 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chicago Fire vs New York Red Bulls Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Real Salt Lake vs FC Dallas Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke 04 Prediction, 10/24/2020 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Cincinnati vs Minnesota United FC Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York City FC vs Montreal Impact Prediction, 10/24/2020 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds