USA vs Chile World Cup Point Spread Picks 6/16/2019
Women's World Cup
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Parc des Princes
USA will play at Parc des Princes when they take on Chile on Sunday, June 16, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has USA at -5000 and Chile at +4286. The bet for a draw has been set at +1587.
After a record setting opening fixture for the United States, they will look to keep that momentum going when they face off against Chile in their second game of the 2019 Women's World Cup. The U.S. scored 13 goals without conceding any in their win over Thailand, which included 10 goals in the second half alone. Chile had another tough opponent in Sweden in their opening matchup, losing that one 2-0. Unsurprisingly, the United States is a big favorite in this matchup.
Seeing as they are the defending champs, the United States was expected to cruise to victory over Thailand, but no one expected that! They broke no less than five World Cup records in the win and only gave up a total of two shots. Coach Jill Ellis will be hoping that momentum continues, though she'll know that Chile is a better all-around team than Thailand right now.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Key Players for the U.S.:
Alex Morgan - Morgan is still the best player on this team and she outdid herself in the Thailand win by matching the World Cup record for most goals in a single game with five. She now has a very impressive 57 goals in just 88 international games. Chile is not known for solid defensive play, so it wouldn't be surprising if Morgan is able to get two or more goals in this one.
Megan Rapinoe - Rapinoe also scored a goal in that 13-0 blowout, giving her 24 in 71 games for this U.S. side. She and Morgan have been playing together for years now and that chemistry will probably take them far yet again in this tournament. Expect to see the veteran winger to get a lot of opportunities to find her teammates in the box throughout this game against Chile.
Chile only conceded two goals against Sweden last Tuesday, but that scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. They had a very hard time getting possession in that match and Sweden was able to get 24 scoring opportunities. They will need to come up with a much better defensive game plan if they don't want to be embarrassed by the United States in this one.
Key Players for Chile:
Christiane Endler - Endler is one of the best goalkeepers in the world and is arguably Chile's best player. The 27-year-old is probably going to see a ton of shots in this match against the United States, so it's going to be on her to keep Chile in the game. It's hard to imagine her keeping a clean sheet, but don't expect any goal scoring records to be set while she's protecting the net.
Maria José Rojas - It's hard to imagine Rojas being left off the field again in this game. The veteran attacker is the best scoring threat that the team has and she has more experience (21 international caps) than most of the other players on the team. Of course, if she does get into the game, she will need to help out just as much on defense as she does when Chile has the ball.
Who will win tonight's USA/Chile World Cup game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take USA -5000
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Inter Miami CF vs Philadelphia Union Prediction, 7/25/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York City FC vs Orlando City SC Prediction, 7/25/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids Prediction, 7/24/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FC Dallas vs LA Galaxy Prediction, 7/24/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Minnesota United FC vs Portland Timbers Prediction, 7/24/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Seattle Sounders FC vs Sporting KC Prediction, 7/25/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- D.C. United vs New York Red Bulls Prediction, 7/25/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Nashville SC vs FC Cincinnati Prediction, 7/24/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Atlanta United FC vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 7/24/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New England Revolution vs CF Montreal Prediction, 7/25/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds