Alaves vs. Real Betis Spanish La Liga Predictions, Picks and Betting Tips 7-16-2020
Alaves (9-9-18) vs. Real Betis (10-11-15)
Spanish La Liga soccer on Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 15:00 ET
Venue: Estadio Benito Villamarín, Sevilla, Spain
The Line: Alaves +208/ Draw +218/ Real Betis +131; O/U 2.25
Alaves (DLLLL) will visit the Estadio Benito Villamarín in Sevilla to face Real Betis (LWDLL) in round 37 of the Spanish La Liga Santander on Thursday, July 16, 2020.
Real Betis come into this game hoping to regain some momentum after winning just two of their last nine La Liga fixtures. Betis occupies the 13th position with 41 points, and they have recorded 10 wins, 11 draws and 15 losses. In their last time out, Real Betis suffered a lone goal defeat from Atletico Madrid. In the game, Angel Correa and Alvaro Morata’s first-half goals for Atletico Madrid were disqualified by VAR due to foul. However, Diego Costa scored a thunderous header into the bottom corner of the net in the 74th-minute to put Atletico Madrid in front. Betis recorded 37% ball possession and 9 goal attempts.
A key player to look out for is Loren Morón, who has been Betis’ first scorer in all but one of his eight goalscoring La Liga matches. He has registered 9 goals and 3 assists. In front of the net for Real Betis is Joel Robles. Robles has made 33 appearances for the team in which he has allowed 48 goals, an average of 1.45 goals allowed per 90 minutes, 83 saves and 5 clean sheets.
On the other hand, Alaves have had a terrible performance since the La Liga restart. They have recorded only one win and one draw out of 9 previous matches. Just 4 points away from the relegation zone, Alaves occupies the 17th position with 36 points. Alaves has recorded 9 wins, 9 draws with 18 losses, and they must win all their remaining matches to keep their place in the league. In their last time out, Alaves secured a lucky goalless draw against Getafe to end their six matches defeat streak. Alaves recorded 46% ball possession and 3 goal attempts, compared to Getafe’s 14 goal attempts.
Alavés top-league scorer Lucas Pérez will lead the team’s forward alongside Joselu. Perez has recorded 11 goals and 5 assists in 33 appearances while Joselu has scored 10 goals. Joselu has netted 70% of his league strikes from the 61st minute onwards. In front of the net for Alaves is Roberto Jimenez. He has allowed 13 goals in 7 appearances, an average of 1.92 goals allowed per 90 minutes, 15 saves, and 2 clean sheets.
Looking at their previous meetings, Real Betis has recorded 2 wins, 2 losses, and 3 draws against Alaves in 7 previous La Liga meetings. Betis has recorded 7 wins out of 18 La Liga home games, which puts them in the 13th position. In comparison, Alaves has recorded only 2 wins out of 18 away games, making them one of the worst visitors in the league.
Coach: Asier Garitano
Goalkeeper: Roberto Jimenez
Players: Rafa Navarro, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Adrian Marin, Oliver Burke, Manu Garcia, Tomas Pina, Édgar Méndez, Lucas Pérez Martínez and Joselu
Coach: Alexis Trujillo
Goalkeeper: Joel Robles
Players: Alex Moreno, Marc Bartra, Aissa Mandi, Emerson Aparecido, William Carvalho, Guido Rodriguez, Alfonso Pedraza, Sergio Canales, Nabil Fekir and Loren Moron
Prediction: Take Real Betis +131
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Werder Bremen vs Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction, 2/26/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Borussia Dortmund vs Arminia Bielefeld Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Tottenham vs Burnley Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chelsea vs Manchester United Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- VfL Wolfsburg vs Hertha BSC Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bayer Leverkusen vs SC Freiburg Prediction, 2/28/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Leeds United vs Aston Villa Prediction, 2/27/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Inter Milan vs Genoa Prediction, 2/28/2021 Serie A Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Granada vs Elche Prediction, 2/28/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Crystal Palace vs Fulham Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds