Celta Vigo vs. Espanyol Spanish La Liga Predictions, Picks and Betting Tips 7-19-2020
Celta Vigo (7-15-15) vs. Espanyol (5-9-23)
Spanish La Liga soccer on Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 15:00 ET
Venue: RCDE Stadium, Barcelona, Spain
The Line: Celta Vigo -158/ Draw +266/ Espanyol +448; O/U 2.25
Espanyol (LLLLL) will play their last 2019/20 La Liga game against Celta Vigo (LLDDL) at the RCDE Stadium on Sunday, July 19, 2020.
Espanyol is coming into this game in the basement of the table with 24 points. Espanyol struggled in the Spanish La Liga due to their terrible performance after the league restarted. They have recorded only one win and one draw but lost their eighth game in a row in their last time out again Valencia, their 5th lone goal loss in previous 7 matches. In total, Espanyol has recorded 5 wins, 9 draws, and 23 losses. In the game, Valencia’s forward Kevin Gameiro scored the only goal in the 17th-minute. Although Espanyol recorded 18 goal attempts, none was successfully scored.
On offense, Raul de Tomas will lead the team’s forward group. Tomas has scored 4 goals in 14 appearances since his debut in February. In front of the net for Espanyol is Diego Lopez. Ranked 18th in the league, Lopez has allowed 58 goals, an average of 1.61 goals in 36 appearances. He has recorded 104 saves and 4 clean sheets.
On the other hand, Celta Vigo sits in the 17th position with 36 points and must win this match to retain their place in the Spanish La Liga as they are just one point ahead of Leganes. So far, they have recorded 7 wins, 15 draws and 15 losses. Vigo’s last time out 3-2 loss to Levante was their 6th winless match and 4th loss since league restart. Meanwhile, 3 of the 4 losses came by a lone goal margin. Enis Bardhi netted a brace while Borja Mayoral tripled the lead for Levante while Iago Aspas and Gabriel Fernández scored the two goals for Celta Vigo.
Vigo’s top scorer, Iago Aspas, is a key player featuring in Celta Vigo’s lineup. Aspas has sported 14 goals and 3 assists in 36 appearances. He’s started every match this season and has scored five goals in 10 games since the league restarted. Ivan Villar will stay in front of the net for Celta Vigo. He has conceded five goals in 3 appearances for the team.
The last 4 meetings between both teams have been a tough indecisive fight, which has all ended in a draw. Espanyol remains the worst host in the league with only two home wins. Also, Celta Vigo has recorded 2 wins, and 7 draws in 18 away games, which puts them in the 15th position.
Coach: Óscar García Junyent
Goalkeeper: Ivan Villar
Players: N. Araujo, Hugo Mallo, J. Murillo, Lucas Olaza, Jorge Saenz, Fran Beltran, Okay, Rafinha, Iago Aspas and Santi Mina
Coach: Francisco Rufete
Goalkeeper: Diego Lopez
Players: D. Vila, B. Espinosa, Cabrera, Victor Gomez, David Lopez, Marc Roca, O. Melendo, Embarba, V. Bonilla and Raul de Tomas
Prediction: Take Celta Vigo -158
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert SoccerPicks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- FC Dallas vs Nashville SC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/12/2020
- Portland Timbers vs Orlando City SC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/11/2020
- Philadelphia Union vs Portland Timbers Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/5/2020
- Orlando City SC vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/6/2020
- San Jose Earthquakes vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/1/2020
- New York City FC vs Portland Timbers Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 8/1/2020
- Orlando City SC vs Los Angeles FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/31/2020
- Philadelphia Union vs Sporting KC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/30/2020
- Portland Timbers vs FC Cincinnati Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/28/2020
- Columbus Crew vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/28/2020