Chelsea FC vs Aston Villa English Premier League Predictions, Picks and Betting Tips 6-21-2020
Chelsea (14-6-9) vs. Aston Villa (7-5-17)
English Premier League soccer on Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 11:15 AM ET
Venue: Villa Park, Birmingham, UK.
The Line: Chelsea -196 / Draw +334 / Aston Villa +463; O/U 3
TV: Sport TV, Sky Sport, PREMIER Sport, Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Main Event and TV2 Sport Premium
Aston Villa will host Chelsea on Sunday in matchday 30 of the Premier League action at the Villa Park in Birmingham.
Aston Villa's fight for Premier League survival is getting tougher as they drew their last league match after losing four matches in a row. Sitting at the 19th position, the struggling Aston Villa have recorded 26 points with only 7 wins, 5 draws and 17 losses. Coming into this match, Aston Villa was held to a stalemate by Sheffield United in their first game after league restart. Despite Aston Villa's 14 goal attempts, 14 free kicks, 12 corner kicks, and 6 shots on goal, Villa, unfortunately, could not produce a single goal.
On the other hand, Chelsea is looking to consolidate their top-four position as they visit Villa Park in their first game after league restart. The Frank Lampard's side is occupying the 4th position ahead of Manchester United, Arsenal, Wolves and Sheffield United. The Blues have recorded 14 wins, 6 draws, and 9 losses, and coming into this match, they recorded a 4-0 victory over Everton in March to increase their point to 48. In their last time out, Chelsea defeated Reading in the International Club Friendly match by a lone goal to nil.
Chelsea is looking to strengthen their hold in the final Champions League spot and have the best players to secure a three-point lead for the team. Tammy Abraham is back after suffering an injury and will lead the team's forward group alongside Mason Mount. Tammy is the team's highest goal scorer with 13 goals and 3 assists in 25 appearances. Mount has 6 goals and 4 assists in 29 league appearances.
Aston Villa's highest goal scorer, Jack Grealish, will lead the team's forward group alongside Mbwana Samatta. Grealish has recorded 7 goals and 6 assists in 27 league appearances.
In nine of their previous meetings, Chelsea won an impressive 8 matches by at least 2 goals. Aston Villa recorded their most humiliating defeat to Chelsea in 2012, suffering a woeful 8-0 loss to the Blues. Although the Blues have not played any league match since league restart, their highly experienced players are capable of holding Aston Villa back.
Coach: Frank Lampard
Goalkeeper: Kepa Arrizabalaga
Players: Mason Mount, Tammy Abraham, N'Golo Kante, Mateo Kovacic, Marcus Alonso, Antonio Rudiger, Reece James, Christian Pulisic, Andreas Christensen and Cesar Azpilicueta
Coach: Dean Smith
Goalkeeper: Orland Nyland
Players: Tyrone Ming’s, Ezri Konsa, Douglas Luiz, John McGinn, Jack Grealish, Ahmed El Mohamady, Kortney Hause, Trezeguet, Mbwana Samatta and Marvelous Nakamba
Prediction: Take Chelsea -196
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Bayer Leverkusen vs SC Freiburg Prediction, 2/28/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Werder Bremen vs Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction, 2/26/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- VfB Stuttgart vs FC Schalke 04 Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chelsea vs Manchester United Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Koln Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- FSV Mainz 05 vs FC Augsburg Prediction, 2/28/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Everton vs Southampton Prediction, 3/1/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Borussia Dortmund vs Arminia Bielefeld Prediction, 2/27/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Granada vs Elche Prediction, 2/28/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Tottenham vs Burnley Prediction, 2/28/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds