SC Freiburg vs Borussia Mönchengladbach German Bundesliga Predictions, Picks and Betting Tips 6-5-2020
SC Freiburg (10-8-11) at Borussia Mönchengladbach (17-5-7)
German Bundesliga soccer on Friday, June 05, 2020 at 20:30 ET
The Line: SC Freiburg +313 / Draw +281/ Borussia Mönchengladbach -129; O/U 2.75
With just five matches away from the end of the season, the German Bundesliga’s league action continues on Friday night with SC Freiburg hosting Borussia Mönchengladbach at the Schwarzwald-Stadion. The fourth-placed Borussia Mönchengladbach are looking to strengthen their hold on the league table to book a spot in the UEFA Champions League next season.
The fourth place holder has recorded 56 points, tied with Bayer Leverkusen with a four-goal difference, after dispatching a 4-1 victory to the Union Berlin last weekend, with a spectacular brace from Marcus Thuram. Having played 29 league matches, the Borussia Mönchengladbach has won 17 matches with seven losses, and five matches were drawn this season. They have also won an impressive three games out of their last five matches with only a match lost.
In their last game, Borussia Mönchengladbach had a favorable home game and eased past the Union Berlin with a 4-1 lead. They got out with a 2-0 first-half lead, thanks to the opener from Neuhaus in the 17th minute of play followed by a brace from their forward, Marcus Thuram, and finally another goal from Alassane Pléa towards the final minutes.
SC Freiburg, on the other hand, will be coming into the game off a disappointing lone goal home defeat from Bayer Leverkusen last weekend. Freiburg is holding the eight position with 38 points, just four points away from the last European place, occupied by Wolfsburg. Freiburg is on a four-game winless run. Overall, Freiburg has won a total of ten games out of 29 league matches played. Although Freiburg held tight against during their previous game against Bayer Leverkusen, Kai Havertz scored an early season half goal to lead Leverkusen to a 1-0 win.
Borussia Mönchengladbach is fourth-placed and is looking to strengthen their hold to the final UEFA Champions League spot. Mönchengladbach is just four points behind the Dortmund and will speculatively end the league campaign in the top four positions, led by Bayern Munich, who are 11 points clear. In their last five meetings, both teams have equal wins with one game drawn. Mönchengladbach should surely earn a lead with their offensive game plan, led by Alassane Pléa and Marcus Thuram.
Predictions: Borussia Mönchengladbach -129
Get all of Today's Free Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Troyes vs Angers Prediction, 9/26/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Sporting KC vs Seattle Sounders FC Prediction, 9/26/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Lyon vs Lorient Prediction, 9/25/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Valencia vs Athletic Bilbao Prediction, 9/25/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- San Jose Earthquakes vs Los Angeles FC Prediction, 9/25/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Real Sociedad vs Elche Prediction, 9/26/2021 La Liga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Reims vs Nantes Prediction, 9/26/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York City FC vs New York Red Bulls Prediction, 9/25/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Chicago Fire vs Nashville SC Prediction, 9/26/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Clermont Foot vs Monaco Prediction, 9/26/2021 Ligue 1 Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds