1. FC Koln vs Hertha BSC Prediction, 1/16/2021 Bundesliga Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: 1. FC Koln vs Hertha BSC
Date: Saturday, January 16, 2021
Location: RheinEnergieSTADION in Köln, Germany
Odds/Point Spread: 1. FC Koln (+165) Hertha BSC (+160)
Ellyes Skhiri and 1. FC Koln (2-5-8, 16th in Bundesliga) host Hertha BSC (4-4-7, 12th in Bundesliga) at RheinEnergieSTADION on Saturday. The goalies protecting the net will be Timo Horn for 1. FC Koln and Alexander Schwolow for Hertha BSC. The odds on this matchup have 1. FC Koln coming in at +165 and the Old Lady are at +160. The over/under has been set at 2.5.
1. FC Koln faced SC Freiburg in their most recent match and walked away from this one with a loss by a score of 5-0. When discussing the passing game, they had a 78.3% passes received rate by connecting on 398 of the 508 pass attempts in their last match. 1. FC Koln tried 16 dribbles in this match and converted 7 of those attempts for a rate of 43.8%. Concerning shot accuracy, 1. FC Koln wrapped this game up at a 40.0% rate by putting 2 shots on target out of 5 total shots. 1. FC Koln is averaging 0.80 goals per 90 (12 goals in total) and are sitting with 9 assists in all competitions for the year.
Ellyes Skhiri is a player who should impact this matchup for 1. FC Koln. He has 7 assists while tallying 23 yellow cards so far in his career. Skhiri has started 162 games in his pro soccer career and he tallies 0.09 goals per 90 minutes. The midfielder representing France has racked up 14 goals in 14,189 mins played. Another player who should impact this match is Dominick Drexler, the forward born in Germany. He has assisted on a goal 51 times in his career while he has scored 60 total goals. Drexler has 20,675 mins in 235 starting assignments and has been given a total of 43 yellow cards. He averages 0.26 G/90 for his pro soccer career.
The man protecting the net for 1. FC Koln is Timo Horn. Horn (96-77-95 record in his career) has recorded 77 shutouts, which gives him a 28.8% clean sheet percentage. The goalie from Germany has seen 1,147 shots attempted at him in 267 career starts. His goals allowed per 90 minutes is 1.37 (364 goals conceded) and he holds a save percentage of .700. Horn has seen the field for 23,979 minutes and has tallied 801 saves thus far in his career.
For their last game, Hertha BSC walked away from this one with a loss by a score of 1-0 against Arminia Bielefeld. Hertha BSC finished with a 61.5% successful dribble rate by connecting on 8 of the 13 dribbles they attempted. They finished this game by completing 355 of the 467 attempted passes for a percentage of 76.0%. Hertha BSC connected on 5 shots on goal out of their 11 shots tried earning them a 45.5% clip in their last match. Having earned a total of 22 goals and 15 assists in all their contests, Hertha BSC sports an average of 1.47 goals and 1.00 assist per 90 minutes.
Krzysztof Piatek should be someone to watch for Hertha BSC. The forward from Poland has been on the pitch for 13,191 professional minutes and has scored 73 goals. He has totaled 25 yellow card warnings so far in his career and has helped on a goal 10 times. He currently averages 0.50 goals per 90 minutes and has been given a starting assignment in 146 contests during his career. Be sure to keep an eye out for Dodi Lukebakio, the forward who represents Belgium. He has earned 24 goals during his pro soccer career while assisting on a goal 17 different times. Lukebakio has earned himself a total of 13 yellow card warnings in 7,013 minutes played (77 starts). His goals per 90 average thus far in his career is 0.31.
Alexander Schwolow will be residing in front of the net for Hertha BSC. Schwolow has racked up 54 shutouts while defending 948 shots against him in 18,767 minutes throughout his career. He sports a save % of .696 and his clean sheet rate is currently at 25.7%. He has conceded 1.49 goals per 90 minutes while earning a record of 84-53-72. So far in his career, Schwolow has allowed 310 goals while totaling 657 stops in 210 starting assignments.
Who will win tonight's Bundesliga game against the spread?
Josh Schonwald's Pick: Take 1. FC Koln (+165)
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's Free Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Wolverhampton vs Everton Prediction, 11/1/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Manchester City vs Crystal Palace Prediction, 10/30/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Aston Villa vs West Ham United Prediction, 10/31/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Leicester City vs Arsenal Prediction, 10/30/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Tottenham vs Manchester United Prediction, 10/30/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Newcastle United vs Chelsea Prediction, 10/30/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Liverpool vs Brighton Prediction, 10/30/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Watford vs Southampton Prediction, 10/30/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Burnley vs Brentford Prediction, 10/30/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Norwich City vs Leeds United Prediction, 10/31/2021 EPL Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds