Australia vs Netherlands Group B Free World Cup Picks & Odds
by Tony Sink - 6/16/2014
2014 World Cup Free Picks: Australia vs. Netherlands
12 p.m., Wednesday, June 18 – Estadio Beira-Rio, Porto Alegre (ESPN)
Match Betting Lines
The Netherlands are listed as huge favorites after their win over Spain, priced at -366 here. Australia enters their second group stage match as +1400 underdogs. The draw is +550. The total is set at 2.5 goals, -120 for the ‘over’ and EVEN for the ‘under.’
The Socceroos were always seen as a three and done side in this difficult group. I don’t think anything has changed from that outlook. They allowed three goals to Chile in their opener, and more goals conceded appear to be on the way against a confident Holland squad.
Safe to say the top performance of the first wave of group play matches goes to Holland in their dismantling of reigning champion Spain. A 5-1 thrashing certainly states Dutch intentions for the rest of group play as potential new favorites.
Australia won’t be able to stop a Dutch side that will be raring to go following their victory over Spain. Likely unrealistic to get a win, so the Aussies will be looking to steal a point and a draw to keep their small chances of advancing alive.
Key Injuries, Suspensions, Yellow Cards
Both teams avoided any injuries in their first matches, so expect similar starting line-ups for this fixture.
You’d have to be a fool to bet against the Netherlands after what they showed against the Spanish. Australia won’t have anything remotely good enough to slow them down. Another multi-goal victory for the Dutch in group play.
Doc’s Sports has full coverage of the 2014 World Cup and more articles throughout this summer’s major soccer tournament. Strike Point Sports is one of the top soccer handicappers with their success on the big tournament stage. From the 2006 World Cup, Euro 2008, 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012, SPS earned $100 clients over $8,200 in profit from these four major events. This summer’s World Cup is going to be another moneymaking opportunity, and they are looking forward to their soccer selections and another winning tournament.
Read more articles by Tony Sink
<p><b>Get all of Today's <a href="https://www.docsports.com/world-cup/world-cup-picks.html">Free World Cup Picks</a></b></p> <p><b> Get all of Today's <a href="https://www.docsports.com/expert-picks/soccer/">Expert World Cup Picks</a></b></p>
- Germany vs Argentina World Cup Final Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- Brazil vs Netherlands 3rd Place Game Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- Netherlands vs Argentina Semi-Finals Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- Brazil vs Germany Semi-Finals Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- Argentina vs Belgium Quarterfinals Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- France vs Germany Quarterfinals Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- Netherlands vs Costa Rica Quarterfinals Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- Brazil vs Columbia Quarterfinals Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- Belgium vs. United States Round of 16 Free World Cup Picks & Odds
- Argentina vs. Switzerland Round of 16 Free World Cup Picks & Odds