Los Angeles Angels vs Seattle Mariners Prediction, 7/10/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: Los Angeles Angels vs Seattle Mariners
Date: Saturday, July 10, 2021
Location: T-Mobile Park in Seattle, WA
TV: Root Sports Northwest
Odds/Point Spread: Los Angeles (-105) Seattle (-116)
Patrick Sandoval and the Los Angeles Angels (44-42, 4th in AL West) travel to T-Mobile Park on Saturday where they'll take on the Seattle Mariners (46-42, 3rd in AL West). The Mariners open this matchup at -116 while the Angels are priced at -105. The over/under has been set at 8.5. The pitchers taking the mound are Patrick Sandoval and Chris Flexen.
As a squad, the Los Angeles Angels are notching 4.9 runs per game, which has them sitting at 6th in the league. They have notched a total of 425 runs while holding a team on-base percentage of .320. The Angels have accumulated 159 two-baggers as a unit and have hit 120 balls out of the park. They have tallied 405 runs batted in as well as 751 hits so far this year, and their batting average sits at .258. Los Angeles has a slugging % of .442 and have been called out on strikes 743 times, while taking a walk on 238 occasions.
Angels pitchers have conceded 110 long balls and 451 total runs (27th in the league). They have walked 343 hitters and their FIP sits at 4.38 as a team on the year. They have a K/BB ratio of 2.39 and the pitching staff sits with a WHIP of 1.40. The Angels have a team earned run average of 4.97 this season (26th in MLB), and their staff has rung up 821 batters.
The Angels have sent 301 relief pitchers to the mound this year. The relief pitchers have inherited 190 runners on the year with 40.5% of them earned a run for their team. They have tallied 22 saves on the season and have missed out on 15 of their 37 save chances. The Angels bullpen have a save percentage of 59.5% and has come into the game in 75 save situations. The relievers have racked up 37 holds on the campaign (21st in the league). Angels relief pitchers have stepped onto the hill with runners on base 129 times as well as having 96 appearances in high leverage situations.
The Angels have converted 67.8% of balls in play into outs out of their 6,819 innings on the field, which has them sitting at 26th in pro baseball. The Los Angeles Angels have notched a total of 2,273 putouts on the year, as well as 756 assists and 55 errors. Their fielding percentage is at .982 which has them ranked 24th in baseball, and have earned 584 double plays.
Sandoval (3-11 career win-loss mark) is the owner of a FIP of 4.98 while he has faced 532 opposing hitters in the majors. He has allowed 112 base hits (8.1 hits per nine innings) and has 53 walks. His earned run average is 4.75 (66 earned runs allowed) and his WHIP is 1.320. Sandoval has thrown 125 frames and has accumulated 128 punch outs during his pro baseball career.
The Mariners hold a team slugging % of .380 and they are earning 4.10 runs per contest (26th in the league). They have notched 128 two-baggers, while walking 273 times and putting up 361 runs. Seattle has compiled 109 home runs for the year and 349 runs batted in. They have been called out on strikes on 845 occasions (5th in the league) and have tallied 616 base hits. The Seattle Mariners are sitting with an OBP of .292 and a batting average of .217 on the season.
The Seattle pitching staff have allowed 411 runs on the campaign while holding an ERA of 4.45 (381 earned runs yielded). They have allowed 99 long balls and they relinquish 4.80 runs per 9 innings (20th in MLB). The Mariners are sitting with a team WHIP of 1.290 and are the owners of a FIP of 4.23 as a team on the campaign. They have earned a K/BB ratio of 2.55 (723 strikeouts against 284 bases on balls). They sit at 20th in baseball as a pitching staff in total hits conceded with 711.
With 90 save situations, the Mariners have 50 holds and 17 blown saves. Seattle has had relief pitchers take the mound in 40 save chances and they have tallied 23 saves. Their relievers have stepped onto the mound 97 times in high leverage situations and also on 84 occasions with runners on base. Seattle relievers have an inherited score percentage of 31.3% out of 115 inherited base runners. They sit at 23rd in MLB with a save percentage of 57.5%, and they have sent 300 bullpen pitchers to the hill so far this season.
In 6,945 innings played, the Mariners are sitting with a defensive efficiency of 69.7% (14th in professional baseball). The Seattle Mariners have turned 88 double plays and have accounted for a fielding rate of .984 (11th in MLB). The Mariners have 796 assists, 50 errors and have earned 2,315 putouts during this campaign.
So far in his pro baseball career, Flexen has allowed 181 base hits and he has 106 punch outs in 153 innings. He has given up a total of 97 ER's while holding a WHIP of 1.643 and a FIP of 5.1. He has a strikeout to walk ratio of 1.49 and he has faced 691 opposing hitters in his pro baseball career. Flexen (10-14 career record) has a 5.69 earned run average while surrendering 10.6 hits per 9 innings.
Who will win tonight's MLB game ATS?
Josh Schonwald's Pick: Take Seattle (-116)
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert MLB Picks