Oakland Athletics vs Texas Rangers Prediction, 7/10/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: Oakland Athletics vs Texas Rangers
Date: Saturday, July 10, 2021
Location: Globe Life Field in Arlington, TX
TV: Bally Sports Southwest
Odds/Point Spread: Oakland (-141) Texas (+110)
James Kaprielian and the Oakland Athletics (50-39, 2nd in AL West) travel to Globe Life Field on Saturday where they'll take on the Texas Rangers (34-53, 5th in AL West). The odds on this matchup have the Athletics priced at -141 and the Rangers are at +110. The total is set at 9.5. The pitchers who are expected to start are James Kaprielian and Mike Foltynewicz.
As a squad, the Oakland Athletics are notching 4.4 runs per outing, which puts them at 14th in the league. They have tallied 394 runs while holding a team on-base percentage of .314. The Athletics have accumulated 147 doubles as a team and have smacked 107 baseballs out of the park. They have 368 RBI's as well as 683 base knocks this year, while their team batting average is sitting at .233. Oakland has a slugging percentage of .402 and have struck out 768 times, while taking a walk on 308 occasions.
The Athletics are sitting with a team ERA of 3.86 so far this season (11th in the league), and they have struck out 732 hitters. They have a K/BB ratio of 3.11 and their pitching staff holds a WHIP of 1.24. Athletics pitchers have conceded 99 home runs and 368 runs (12th in MLB). They have walked 235 players from the other team and their FIP is 3.96 as a team on the campaign.
The Athletics have dispatched 266 relief pitchers to the hill this year. The relievers have inherited 99 runners for the year with 33.3% of those players earned a run for their team. They have recorded 22 saves this season and have blown 11 of 33 chances to save the game. The Athletics bullpen have a save percentage of 66.7% and has stepped onto the mound in 74 save situations. The relief pitchers are sitting with 41 holds so far this season (17th in MLB). Athletics bullpen pitchers have gone to the mound with opponents on base 70 times in addition to having 74 appearances in high leverage situations.
The Athletics have turned 69.9% of baseballs in play into outs in their 7,101 innings, which ranks them 12th in professional baseball. The Oakland Athletics have amassed 2,367 putouts for the season, as well as 709 assists and 41 errors. Their fielding rate is currently at .987 which is 3rd in MLB, and they have twisted 612 double plays.
Kaprielian has thrown 60 frames and is sitting with 66 K's during his pro baseball career. Kaprielian (4-3 career mark) has earned a FIP of 4.33 and he has faced 247 opposing hitters in the major leagues. His earned run average is 3.12 (21 ER's allowed) and he has a WHIP of 1.104. He has allowed 45 base knocks (6.7 hits per 9 innings) and has 22 walks.
The Texas Rangers have compiled a team on-base percentage of .302 as well as a team batting average of .235 this year. They have struck out on 784 occasions (12th in baseball) and have totaled 684 base hits. Texas has accounted for 105 HRs for the year to go along with 344 runs batted in. The Rangers have a slugging percentage of .388 and they have an average of 4.15 runs per game (22nd in baseball). They have recorded 107 doubles, while getting a free base 256 times and recording 361 runs.
The Rangers hold a team WHIP of 1.344 and are the owners of a FIP of 4.41 as a pitching staff for the season. Their strikeout to walk ratio comes in at 2.65 (711 strikeouts vs 268 free passes). They are sitting at 27th in the league as a pitching staff in total hits allowed with 767. They have allowed 114 homers and they surrender 4.84 runs per 9 innings (21st in the league). The Texas pitching staff have given up 414 runs this season while having an ERA of 4.48 (383 earned runs yielded).
Texas has had relievers step onto the hill in 29 save opportunities and they have recorded 16 saves. They sit at 24th in MLB with a save rate of 55.2%, and they have dispatched 258 bullpen pitchers onto the diamond so far this season. Their relief pitchers have stepped onto the hill 73 times in high leverage situations and also on 75 occasions with runners on. Texas bullpen pitchers have an inherited score rate of 36.4% out of their 118 inherited runners. With 57 save situations, the Rangers have recorded 27 holds and also 13 blown saves.
In 6,930 innings on the field, the Rangers have a efficiency on defense of 68.6% (23rd in professional baseball). The Texas Rangers have twisted 78 double plays and hold a fielding percentage of .984 (13th in professional baseball). The Rangers have accrued 790 assists, 50 errors and are sitting with 2,310 putouts during this campaign.
Foltynewicz (46-50 win-loss record in his career) is the owner of a 4.43 ERA and has conceded 8.9 hits per nine innings. His K/BB ratio is 2.78 and he has gone up against 3,350 opposing hitters in his MLB career. He has allowed 384 earned runs while holding a WHIP of 1.324 and having a FIP of 4.5. So far in his career, Foltynewicz has given up 773 hits while totaling 722 strikeouts in 780 innings.
Who will win tonight's MLB game against the spread?
Guy Bruhn's Pick: Take Oakland (-141)
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's Free MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Expert MLB Picks
Texas Rangers - Twitter
Oakland Athletics - Twitter