Oakland Athletics vs Texas Rangers Prediction, 7/11/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: Oakland Athletics vs Texas Rangers
Date: Sunday, July 11, 2021
Location: Globe Life Field in Arlington, TX
TV: Bally Sports Southwest
Chris Bassitt and the Oakland Athletics (50-39, 2nd in AL West) travel to Globe Life Field on Sunday where they'll meet the Texas Rangers (34-53, 5th in AL West).
Oakland has a slugging % of .402 and have been rung up 768 times, while taking a walk on 308 occasions. They have tallied 368 RBI's in addition to 683 hits on the year, and their team batting average sits at .233. The Athletics have tallied 147 doubles as a squad and have knocked 107 baseballs out of the park. They have earned 394 runs scored and have an OBP of .314. As a team, the Oakland Athletics are earning 4.4 runs/g, which ranks them 14th in baseball.
The Athletics hold a team ERA of 3.86 for the season (11th in the league), and they have struck out 732 batters. Their pitching staff has walked 235 hitters and their FIP comes in at 3.96 as a unit this year. Their strikeout to walk ratio is 3.11 and the pitching staff has earned a collective WHIP of 1.24. Athletics pitchers have yielded 99 home runs in addition to 368 runs in total (12th in the league).
The Athletics have sent 266 relief pitchers to the hill this season. The relievers have inherited 99 base runners for the season and 33.3% of them crossed the plate. They have accumulated 22 saves for the season and have missed out on 11 of 33 chances to save the game. The Athletics relief pitchers have earned a save percentage of 66.7% and has come into the game in 74 save situations. The relief pitchers have 41 holds on the year (17th in MLB). Athletics pitchers have come into the game with players on base 70 times as well as having 74 appearances in high leverage situations.
The Oakland Athletics are sitting with 2,367 putouts on the campaign, as well as 709 assists and 41 errors. Their fielding percentage is holding at .987 which ranks 3rd in MLB, and have accumulated 612 double plays. The Athletics have converted 69.9% of balls in play into outs out of their 7,101 innings on the field, which has them ranked 12th in MLB.
Bassitt has taken the mound for 509 innings and has earned 460 K's so far in his career. His earned run average is 3.55 (201 earned runs allowed) and his WHIP is 1.231. He has allowed 459 base hits (8.1 hits per nine innings) and has had 168 free passes. Bassitt (28-23 mark in his career) sits with a FIP of 3.93 while he has faced 2,163 batters in the major leagues.
Texas has a total of 105 home runs so far this season to go along with 344 RBIs. They have put up 107 two-baggers, while taking a walk 256 times as well as scoring 361 runs. The Texas Rangers are sitting with an OBP of .302 in addition to a team batting average of .235 this season. The Rangers have a slugging percentage of .388 and they earn 4.15 runs per game (22nd in MLB). They have struck out on 784 instances (12th in MLB) and have accounted for 684 base hits.
The Rangers are sitting with a team WHIP of 1.344 and are the owners of a FIP of 4.41 as a pitching staff so far this year. They come in at 27th in baseball as a staff in total hits relinquished with 767. The Texas pitching staff have conceded 414 runs on the campaign while holding a team ERA of 4.48 (383 earned runs allowed). Their strikeout to walk ratio sits at 2.65 (711 strikeouts against 268 walks). They have conceded 114 homers and they concede 4.84 runs per 9 innings (21st in MLB).
Sitting with 57 save situations, the Rangers have tallied 27 holds in addition to 13 blown saves. Texas has had relief pitchers step onto the mound in 29 save opportunities and they have walked away with 16 saves. Their relief pitchers have stepped onto the hill 73 times in high leverage situations and on 75 occasions with runners on base. Texas relievers have an inherited score percentage of 36.4% out of their 118 inherited runners. They are ranked 24th in MLB with a save rate of 55.2%, and they have sent 258 bullpen pitchers onto the field this season.
Out of their 6,930 innings on the field, the Rangers are sitting with a efficiency on defense of 68.6% (23rd in MLB). The Texas Rangers have twisted 78 double plays and have notched a fielding percentage of .984 (13th in baseball). The Rangers have recorded 790 assists, 50 errors and have amassed 2,310 putouts on the season.
Allard (7-14 career mark) has a 5.42 ERA while allowing 9.5 hits per 9 innings. His strikeout to walk ratio is 2.25 and he has faced 643 opposing hitters so far in his MLB career. He has conceded 87 ER's while earning a WHIP of 1.441 and a FIP of 4.2. During his pro baseball career, Allard has given up 152 hits while tallying 126 punch outs in 144 innings pitched.
Who will win tonight's baseball game against the spread?
Tony Sink's Pick: Take Oakland
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert MLB Picks