Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins Prediction, 5/25/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Location: Marlins Park in Miami, FL
TV: Bally Sports Florida
Marlins Park is the site where Sandy Alcantara and the Miami Marlins (22-24, 4th in NL East) will take on the Philadelphia Phillies (23-24, 3rd in NL East) on Tuesday.
As a team, the Philadelphia Phillies are compiling 4.1 runs per game, which has them sitting at 21st in baseball. They have accumulated 191 runs and hold an OBP of .313. The Phillies have compiled 67 doubles as a unit and have hit 48 baseballs out of the park. They have 182 runs batted in and 368 base knocks this season, and their team batting average is sitting at .238. Philadelphia is slugging .383 and have struck out 484 times, while taking a walk on 155 occasions.
The Phillies are sitting with a team ERA of 4.18 for the year (17th in MLB), and they have rung up 443 batters. Their pitching staff has walked 134 hitters and their FIP sits at 4.12 as a unit for the year. Their strikeout to walk ratio sits at 3.31 and the pitching staff has earned a collective WHIP of 1.27. Phillies pitchers have surrendered 63 home runs in addition to 206 runs (17th in MLB).
The Phillies have dispatched 146 relief pitchers to the hill so far this year. The relievers have inherited 60 base runners on the campaign and 45.0% of those players crossed the plate. They have earned 11 saves so far this year and have blown 9 of 20 chances to save the game. The Phillies bullpen have earned a save rate of 55.0% and has entered the game in 42 save situations. The relief pitchers have recorded 21 holds on the campaign (19th in MLB). Phillies pitchers have gone to the mound with runners on base 41 times as well as having 62 appearances in high leverage situations.
The Phillies have converted 68.3% of balls in play into outs out of their 3,717 innings, which has them sitting at 24th in professional baseball. The Philadelphia Phillies have earned a total of 1,239 putouts at this point in the season, in addition to 408 assists and 28 errors. Their fielding rate sits at .983 which has them ranked 17th in professional baseball, and they have twisted 303 double plays.
Velasquez has thrown 587 frames and has accounted for 655 punch outs thus far in his career. Velasquez (29-35 career record) has a FIP of 4.39 while he has gone up against 2,529 opposing hitters during his time in the majors. His earned run average is 4.66 (304 ER's allowed) and his career WHIP is 1.374. He has given up 569 base knocks (8.7 hits per 9 innings) and has had 238 free passes.
The Marlins have a team slugging % of .368 and they tally 3.98 runs per game (25th in baseball). They have 64 doubles, while taking a walk 127 times and putting up 183 runs. Miami has accumulated 43 long balls over the course of the season as well as 173 RBIs. They have struck out on 462 occasions (5th in MLB) and are sitting with 355 base hits. The Miami Marlins have tallied a team OBP of .296 as well as a team batting average of .231 for the season.
The Marlins hold a team WHIP of 1.173 in addition to having a FIP of 3.54 as a squad for the season. Their strikeout to walk ratio sits at 2.96 (402 strikeouts vs 136 free passes). They have a ranking of 10th in the league as a staff in total hits surrendered with 343. They have allowed 37 long balls and they give up 3.75 runs per 9 innings (5th in the league). The Miami pitching staff have surrendered 170 runs this season and come in with a team ERA of 3.40 (154 earned runs yielded).
Sitting with 38 save situations, the Marlins have accumulated 18 holds and 12 blown saves. Miami has called on relief pitchers to enter the game in 20 save chances and they have come away with 8 saves. Their relievers have come in 61 times in high leverage situations in addition to 33 occasions with runners on base. Miami relief pitchers have an inherited score rate of 40.4% of 52 inherited runners. They are currently ranked 29th in the league with a save rate of 40.0%, and they have sent 172 relievers onto the diamond on the season.
In their 3,678 innings on the field, the Marlins are sitting with a defensive efficiency of 70.3% (11th in pro baseball). The Miami Marlins have twisted 42 double plays and have notched a fielding percentage of .984 (13th in the majors). The Marlins have racked up 392 assists, 26 errors and have earned 1,226 putouts over the course of the season.
In his pro baseball career, Alcantara has allowed 293 hits while he has totaled 290 punch outs in 338 innings pitched. Alcantara (13-22 career record) has a 3.69 ERA and has allowed 7.8 hits per 9 innings. He has given up 139 ER's while earning a WHIP of 1.290 and a FIP of 4.3. His K/BB ratio is 2.01 and he has gone up against 1,428 batters in his career.
Who will win tonight's baseball game against the spread?
Guy Bruhn's Pick: Take Miami
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert MLB Picks