San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies Prediction, 9/26/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies
Date: Sunday, September 26, 2021
Location: Coors Field in Denver, CO
TV: AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain
Odds/Point Spread: San Francisco (-175) Colorado (+130)
Coors Field is the site where Antonio Senzatela and the Colorado Rockies (71-82, 4th in NL West) will play the San Francisco Giants (100-54, 1st in NL West) on Sunday. The Giants open this contest at -175 while the Rockies are coming in at +130. The total is set at 11. The expected starting pitchers are Kevin Gausman and Antonio Senzatela.
As a squad, the San Francisco Giants are compiling 5.0 runs per contest, which has them at 6th in baseball. They have racked up 763 runs and hold an on-base percentage of .329. The Giants have accumulated 260 two-baggers as a unit and have knocked 234 balls out of the park. They have 729 runs batted in and 1,292 base knocks so far this season, while their batting average sits at .249. San Francisco has a slugging % of .443 and have struck out 1,401 times, while drawing a walk on 574 occasions.
Get all of our MLB Picks Today
The Giants are sitting with a team earned run average of 3.31 for the season (2nd in the league), and they have rung up 1,346 hitters. They have walked 403 opposing hitters and their FIP sits at 3.62 as a team so far this season. They have a strikeout to walk ratio of 3.34 and their pitching staff has a collective WHIP of 1.15. Giants pitchers have given up 149 home runs and also 575 runs in total (2nd in the league).
Giants bullpen pitchers have come into the game with runners on base 120 times as well as having 195 appearances in high leverage situations. The relief pitchers have recorded 106 holds for the season (3rd in MLB). The Giants bullpen have accumulated a save percentage of 66.3% and has entered the game in 189 save situations. They have 53 saves on the campaign and have blown 27 of their 80 chances to get a save. The relievers have inherited 172 runners on the campaign and 33.7% of those players ended up crossing the plate. The Giants have dispatched 564 relief pitchers to the hill on the season.
The Giants have turned 70.9% of balls in play into outs in their 12,438 innings, ranking them 4th in MLB. The San Francisco Giants have amassed 4,146 putouts thus far, as well as 1,403 assists and 75 errors. Their fielding percentage is at .987 which has them sitting 7th in pro baseball, and they have twisted 869 double plays.
Gausman (64-72 career record) sits with a FIP of 3.90 while going up against 4,919 opposing batters in the major leagues. He has surrendered 1,155 base knocks (8.9 hits per 9 innings) and has 345 free passes. His earned run average is 4.05 (524 ER's allowed) and he has a WHIP of 1.288. Gausman has taken the mound for 1,164 frames and is sitting with 1,145 strikeouts in his pro baseball career.
The Colorado Rockies have earned an OBP of .316 and a batting average of .248 so far this year. They have struck out on 1,282 occasions (23rd in MLB) and have tallied 1,263 base knocks. Colorado has compiled 175 home runs this year as well as 674 RBIs. The Rockies have a team slugging % of .415 and they average 4.59 runs per contest (12th in the league). They have hit 260 doubles, while walking 466 times as well as notching 703 runs.
The Rockies hold a team WHIP of 1.376 with a FIP of 4.48 as a squad for the season. Their strikeout to walk ratio comes in at 2.38 (1,212 strikeouts against 510 walks). They come in at 24th in the league as a staff in total hits conceded with 1,315. They have surrendered 189 home runs and they give up 5.08 runs per 9 innings (22nd in the league). The Colorado pitching staff have surrendered 749 runs on the year and come in with a team ERA of 4.76 (701 earned runs surrendered).
With 129 save situations, the Rockies have accumulated 70 holds and also 28 blown saves. Colorado has called on relievers to step onto the mound in 59 save chances and they have walked away with 31 saves. Their relief pitchers have stepped onto the mound 160 times in high leverage situations in addition to 123 occasions with runners on. Colorado relievers hold an inherited score rate of 39.9% out of 193 inherited base runners. They rank 25th in MLB holding a save rate of 52.5%, and they have sent 506 relievers to the hill on the year.
The Colorado Rockies have turned 132 double plays and have a fielding percentage of .987 (5th in pro baseball). The Rockies have accrued 1,441 assists, 72 errors and have amassed 3,979 putouts so far this year. In their 11,937 innings on the diamond, the Rockies hold a efficiency on defense of 68.8% (24th in professional baseball).
In his MLB career, Senzatela has allowed 618 base hits while he has totaled 391 punch outs in 573 frames. He has allowed a total of 304 ER's while earning a WHIP of 1.394 and being the owner of a FIP of 4.4. His K/BB ratio is 2.16 and he has gone up against 2,473 batters so far in his pro baseball career. Senzatela (36-34 career win-loss record) has earned a 4.77 earned run average and has conceded 9.7 hits per 9 innings.
Who will win tonight's MLB game against the spread?
Guy Bruhn's Pick: Take San Francisco (-175)
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's Free MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Expert MLB Picks