San Francisco Giants vs Miami Marlins Prediction, 4/17/2021 MLB Pick, Tips and Odds
Game: San Francisco Giants vs Miami Marlins
Date: Saturday, April 17, 2021
Location: Marlins Park in Miami, FL
TV: Bally Sports Florida
Odds/Point Spread: San Francisco (+110) Miami (-120)
Sandy Alcantara and the Miami Marlins (5-7, 3rd in NL East) play the San Francisco Giants (8-4, 2nd in NL West) at Marlins Park on Saturday. The Giants open this matchup at +110 while the Marlins are priced at -120. The O/U opens at 8. The starting pitchers are Aaron Sanchez and Sandy Alcantara.
San Francisco is slugging .382 and have been rung up 114 times, while being walked on 45 occasions. They have 40 runs batted in and 78 hits for the season, while their team batting average comes in at .207. The Giants have accounted for 13 two-baggers as a unit and have smacked 17 balls out of the park. They have notched a total of 41 runs while having a team on-base percentage of .295. As a team, the San Francisco Giants are notching 3.4 runs per contest, which puts them at 29th in MLB.
Giants pitchers have relinquished 9 home runs and 35 total runs (2nd in the league). Their pitching staff has walked 36 hitters and their FIP is 3.40 as a unit on the year. They have earned a K/BB ratio of 2.89 and the pitching staff has a team WHIP of 1.07. The Giants have a team earned run average of 2.78 for the year (2nd in the league), and they have rung up 104 batters.
Giants pitchers have gone to the mound with players on base 8 times and also have had 19 appearances in high leverage situations. The relief pitchers have recorded 12 holds this year (2nd in MLB). The Giants bullpen have a save percentage of 63.6% and stepped onto the hill in 23 save situations. They have earned 7 saves this year and have blown 4 of 11 save chances. The bullpen pitchers have inherited 11 runners on the season with 36.4% of those players crossed home plate. The Giants have dispatched 42 relievers to the hill this year.
Sanchez has taken the ball for 599 innings and has 481 strikeouts during his pro baseball career. Sanchez (34-34 win-loss record in his career) has earned a FIP of 4.38 while going up against 2,577 opposing batters during his time in the major leagues. His earned run average is 3.96 (264 earned runs allowed) and his career WHIP is 1.357. He has allowed 551 hits (8.3 hits per nine innings) and has 263 walks.
Miami has accumulated 9 long balls for the year as well as 52 runs batted in. They have tallied 27 doubles, while taking a walk 44 times and scoring 55 runs. The Miami Marlins have compiled a team on-base percentage of .319 in addition to a team batting average of .239 over the course of the season. The Marlins have a team slugging % of .380 and they tally 4.58 runs per outing (11th in baseball). They have struck out on 120 instances (14th in MLB) and have earned a total of 98 base knocks.
The Marlins hold a team WHIP of 1.192 and have a FIP of 4.48 as a squad on the season. They are sitting at 6th in the league as a staff in total hits conceded with 82. The Miami pitching staff have surrendered 55 runs on the season while holding an ERA of 4.16 (50 earned runs yielded). Their K/BB ratio comes in at 2.51 (118 strikeouts vs 47 bases on balls). They have allowed 16 home runs and they yield 4.57 runs per 9 innings (15th in the league).
Miami relievers hold an inherited score percentage of 30.8% of 13 inherited runners. Their relief pitchers have taken the field 21 times in high leverage situations and on 9 occasions with runners on base. Sitting with 14 save situations, the Marlins have earned 6 holds and also 6 blown saves. They rank 27th in the league with a save rate of 25.0%, and they have dispatched 51 relief pitchers to the hill this year. Miami has called on relievers to enter the game in 8 save opportunities and they have tallied 2 saves.
Alcantara (11-20 win-loss mark in his career) has earned a 3.63 earned run average while conceding 7.7 hits per 9 innings. His K/BB ratio is 1.90 and he has gone up against 1,270 opposing batters in his MLB career. He has surrendered a total of 121 ER's while holding a WHIP of 1.300 and having a FIP of 4.4. During his pro baseball career, Alcantara has conceded 258 base knocks while earning 251 punch outs in 300 frames.
So what is Tonights Parlay prediction?
Parlay's Pundit's Pick: Take San Francisco (+110) and over 8 runs
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert MLB Picks