Chicago Cubs vs Atlanta Braves Prediction, 4/27/2022 MLB Picks, Best Bets & Odds
Game: Chicago Cubs vs Atlanta Braves
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Location: Truist Park in Cumberland, GA
TV: Bally Sports South
Odds/Point Spread: Chicago (+175) Atlanta (-210)
The Chicago Cubs (7-9) are traveling to Truist Park on Wednesday where they will attempt to defeat the Atlanta Braves (7-10). The moneyline on this contest has Chicago at +175 and Atlanta is sitting at -210. The total comes in at 9. The expected starting pitchers will be Mark Leiter Jr. and Charlie Morton.
Chicago is slugging .420 and have struck out 128 times, while drawing a walk on 61 occasions. They have accrued 77 runs batted in as well as 145 base knocks so far this season, while their team batting average comes in at .273. The Cubs have hit 35 doubles as a unit and have knocked 13 baseballs out of the stadium. They have accumulated 84 runs scored while holding a team on-base percentage of .354. As a unit, the Chicago Cubs are putting up 5.3 runs per game, which has them at 2nd in baseball.
Get all of our MLB Expert Picks
The Cubs have an ERA of 4.11 this year (22nd in the league), and they have struck out 136 hitters. They have accumulated a K/BB ratio of 2.43 and their pitching staff has a team WHIP of 1.31. Cubs pitchers have conceded 15 long balls and also 65 total runs (15th in the league). Their pitching staff has walked 56 players from the other team and their FIP sits at 3.79 as a unit over the course of the season.
The Cubs have sent 54 relievers to the hill on the campaign. The relievers have inherited 28 base runners this year and 28.6% of those players crossed the plate. They have accumulated 5 saves for the season and have blown 2 of their 7 save chances. The Cubs bullpen have compiled a save rate of 71.4% and has entered the game in 16 save situations. The bullpen have tallied 6 holds on the year (27th in the league). Cubs relief pitchers have come into the game with runners on base 17 times and also have had 16 appearances in high leverage situations.
The Chicago Cubs are sitting with 414 putouts at this point in the season, as well as 147 assists and 7 errors. Their fielding percentage is currently at .988 which has them sitting 11th in professional baseball, and have accumulated 19 double plays. The Cubs have converted 69.0% of baseballs in play into outs in their 1,242 innings on the diamond, which ranks them 22nd in pro baseball.
Leiter Jr. has taken the ball for 121 frames and has earned 113 K's so far in his pro baseball career. His earned run average is 5.86 (79 earned runs allowed) and he has a career WHIP of 1.500. He has given up 133 base knocks (9.9 hits per 9 innings) and has had 49 walks. Leiter Jr. (3-8 record in his career) is the owner of a FIP of 5.62 while he has gone up against 553 opposing hitters during his time in the majors.
The Braves have a team SLG% of .412 and they are earning 4.00 runs per game (15th in MLB). They have hit 38 doubles, while getting a free base 58 times as well as earning 68 runs. Atlanta has recorded 20 HRs this year as well as 64 RBIs. They have been rung up on 151 occasions (6th in MLB) and have 128 base hits. The Atlanta Braves have tallied a team on-base percentage of .310 as well as a team batting average of .231 over the course of the season.
The Braves are sitting with a team WHIP of 1.322 in addition to having a FIP of 3.48 as a staff so far this season. They are sitting at 25th in the league as a pitching staff in total hits relinquished with 133. The Atlanta pitching staff have given up 82 runs so far this year while having a team ERA of 4.59 (76 earned runs relinquished). They have earned a strikeout to walk ratio of 2.63 (168 strikeouts against 64 free passes). They have surrendered 14 dingers and they allow 4.95 runs per 9 innings (26th in the league).
Atlanta has had relief pitchers enter the game in 8 save opportunities and they have earned 6 saves. They are ranked 11th in the league holding a save rate of 75.0%, and they have dispatched 54 relief pitchers onto the field for the year. Their relievers have come in 10 times in high leverage situations and on 19 occasions with runners on base. Atlanta relief pitchers hold an inherited score rate of 40.7% out of their 27 inherited runners. Sitting with 14 save situations, the Braves have recorded 6 holds in addition to 2 blown saves.
In 1,341 innings played, the Braves are sitting with a efficiency on defense of 68.6% (24th in professional baseball). The Atlanta Braves have turned 8 double plays and hold a fielding percentage of .988 (10th in pro baseball). The Braves have accrued 131 assists, 7 errors and have amassed 447 putouts so far this season.
Morton (108-97 career mark) has earned a 4.02 earned run average while allowing 8.5 hits per 9 innings. His K/BB ratio is 2.58 and he has faced 7,028 batters thus far in his career. He has allowed 733 ER's while earning a WHIP of 1.303 and a FIP of 3.7. Thus far in his career, Morton has surrendered 1,555 hits while he has tallied 1,506 punch outs in 1,640 frames.
Who will win tonight's MLB game against the spread or moneyline?
Josh Schonwald's Pick: Take Chicago (+175)
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's Free MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Expert MLB Picks