Chicago Cubs vs Atlanta Braves Prediction, 4/28/2022 MLB Picks, Best Bets & Odds
Game: Chicago Cubs vs Atlanta Braves
Date: Thursday, April 28, 2022
Location: Truist Park in Cumberland, GA
TV: Bally Sports South
Odds/Point Spread: Chicago (+140) Atlanta (-160)
The Atlanta Braves (8-10) welcome the Chicago Cubs (7-10) at Truist Park on Thursday. The moneyline on this contest has Chicago at +140 and Atlanta opens at -160. The betting total comes in at 8.5. The starting pitchers are Drew Smyly and Kyle Wright.
The Cubs have accumulated 36 two-baggers as a unit and have knocked 14 balls out of the stadium. Chicago has a slugging percentage of .412 and have been rung up 134 times, while being walked on 61 occasions. As a squad, the Chicago Cubs are knocking in 5.0 runs per outing, which is 3rd in the league. They have accrued 78 runs batted in as well as 149 hits over the course of the season, and their average at the plate is at .266. They have tallied 85 runs scored and hold an on-base percentage of .346.
Get all of our MLB Betting Picks
Cubs pitchers have yielded 16 long balls in addition to 68 runs (12th in the league). Their pitching staff has walked 56 opposing batters and their FIP comes in at 3.77 as a team so far this year. They have accrued a K/BB ratio of 2.54 and the pitching staff holds a collective WHIP of 1.28. The Cubs are sitting with a team earned run average of 4.01 so far this year (21st in baseball), and they have struck out 142 batters.
The Cubs have sent 56 relief pitchers to the hill over the course of the season. The bullpen pitchers have inherited 28 runners over the course of the season with 28.6% of those players ended up scoring. They have compiled 5 saves this season and have not converted 2 of their 7 chances to get a save. The Cubs relievers have earned a save percentage of 71.4% and has come into the game in 16 save situations. The relievers have notched 6 holds so far this season (28th in the league). Cubs bullpen pitchers have come into the game with runners on base 17 times and also have had 16 appearances in high leverage situations.
The Cubs have turned 69.4% of baseballs in play into outs in their 1,314 innings on the field, which has them sitting 21st in pro baseball. The Chicago Cubs have earned 438 putouts this season, in addition to 152 assists and 8 errors. Their fielding percentage is at .987 which is 14th in pro baseball, and have accumulated 19 double plays.
Smyly has taken the hill for 852 innings and has totaled 840 K's during his pro baseball career. His earned run average is 4.15 (393 ER's allowed) and he has a career WHIP of 1.271. He has given up 815 base knocks (8.6 hits per nine innings) and has 268 free passes. Smyly (47-40 career mark) has earned a FIP of 4.29 while facing 3,579 batters in the majors.
The Braves have a team slugging percentage of .407 and they tally 3.94 runs per contest (16th in the league). They have 38 doubles, while taking a walk 58 times as well as racking up 71 runs. Atlanta has knocked in 21 HRs on the campaign as well as 66 runs batted in. They have been called out on strikes on 157 instances (9th in the league) and have notched a total of 134 base hits. The Atlanta Braves have accounted for an on-base percentage of .305 and a batting average of .230 on the campaign.
The Atlanta pitching staff have conceded 83 runs on the season while having an ERA of 4.39 (77 earned runs conceded). They have allowed 15 home runs and they surrender 4.73 runs per 9 innings (24th in baseball). The Braves have a WHIP of 1.272 in addition to having a FIP of 3.51 as a squad so far this season. They currently have a strikeout to walk ratio of 2.72 (174 strikeouts against 64 free passes). They are currently ranked 21st in baseball as a pitching staff in total hits allowed with 137.
Atlanta has called on bullpen pitchers to enter the game in 9 save chances and they have earned 7 saves. They are currently ranked 9th in MLB holding a save percentage of 77.8%, and they have dispatched 57 relief pitchers to the hill for the year. Their relief pitchers have come in 12 times in high leverage situations in addition to 19 occasions with runners on. Atlanta bullpen pitchers hold an inherited score rate of 40.7% out of their 27 inherited runners. Sitting with 17 save situations, the Braves have amassed 8 holds and 2 blown saves.
In 1,422 innings on the field, the Braves have a defensive efficiency of 69.4% (22nd in pro baseball). The Atlanta Braves have gotten 10 double plays and have a fielding percentage of .987 (12th in professional baseball). The Braves have racked up 146 assists, 8 errors and have accumulated 474 putouts so far this year.
During his MLB career, Wright has allowed 81 hits while accumulating 85 strikeouts in 87 innings. Wright (4-8 career mark) holds a 5.48 ERA and has surrendered 8.4 hits per nine innings. He has allowed 53 ER's while earning a WHIP of 1.506 and being the owner of a FIP of 5.4. He has a strikeout to walk ratio of 1.70 and he has faced 390 hitters during his MLB career.
Who will win tonight's MLB game against the spread or moneyline?
Guy Bruhn's Pick: Take Atlanta (-160)
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's Free MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Expert MLB Picks