San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Dodgers Prediction, 5/3/2022 MLB Picks, Best Bets & Odds
Game: San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Dodgers
Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Location: Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA
TV: Spectrum SportsNet LA
Odds/Point Spread: San Francisco (+155) Los Angeles (-180)
The San Francisco Giants (14-8) are headed to Dodger Stadium on Tuesday where they will meet the Los Angeles Dodgers (14-7). The odds on this game have San Francisco at +155 and Los Angeles is priced at -180. The betting total comes in at 6.5. The pitchers who are expected to start are Carlos Rodon and Julio Urias.
San Francisco has a slugging % of .379 and have been called out on strikes 196 times, while being walked on 76 occasions. They have tallied 101 runs batted in in addition to 174 hits for the season, and their team batting average is .237. The Giants have hit 30 doubles as a team and have hit 24 balls out of the park. They have earned 109 runs scored while having a team on-base percentage of .315. As a unit, the San Francisco Giants are putting up 5.0 runs per game, which has them sitting at 1st in baseball.
Get all of our MLB Parlay Picks
The Giants have a team ERA of 3.06 this season (5th in the league), and their staff has struck out 197 hitters. They have walked 59 opposing players and their FIP sits at 2.80 as a team on the year. They have a K/BB ratio of 3.34 and their pitching staff holds a WHIP of 1.22. Giants pitchers have given up 11 long balls and 75 runs in total (7th in baseball).
Giants pitchers have entered the contest with runners on 20 times in addition to having 24 appearances in high leverage situations. The bullpen have tallied 13 holds for the season (14th in the league). The Giants relievers have a save rate of 77.8% and has stepped onto the mound in 22 save situations. They have recorded 7 saves this year and have blown 2 of their 9 chances to save the game. The relievers have inherited 27 base runners this season with 22.2% of those players crossed home plate. The Giants have dispatched 90 relief pitchers to the hill so far this season.
The San Francisco Giants have accumulated 592 putouts thus far, in addition to 202 assists and 14 errors. Their fielding percentage is holding steady at .983 which puts them in 19th in the majors, and have accumulated 19 double plays. The Giants have turned 67.2% of balls in play into outs out of 1,776 innings on the diamond, which has them sitting at 26th in MLB.
Rodon (45-38 win-loss mark in his career) holds a FIP of 3.84 and he has faced 2,945 batters in the major leagues. He has surrendered 611 base knocks (7.9 hits per 9 innings) with 275 walks. His ERA is 3.70 (285 ER's allowed) and his career WHIP is 1.280. Rodon has thrown 692 innings and is sitting with 748 punch outs thus far in his career.
Los Angeles is sitting with 21 home runs for the season and 94 runs batted in. They have put up 30 doubles, while taking a walk 82 times as well as scoring 102 runs. The Los Angeles Dodgers hold an on-base percentage of .321 as well as a team batting average of .237 so far this year. The Dodgers hold a slugging percentage of .384 and they tally 4.86 runs per contest (2nd in baseball). They have been rung up on 170 occasions (26th in the league) and have tallied 163 hits.
The Dodgers have a team WHIP of 0.945 and are the owners of a FIP of 2.85 as a staff on the year. They are sitting at 1st in the league as a pitching staff in total hits given up with 127. The Los Angeles pitching staff have relinquished 55 runs so far this year and come in with a team ERA of 2.33 (48 earned runs relinquished). Their strikeout to walk ratio is 4.06 (195 strikeouts against 48 walks). They have given up 13 long balls and they relinquish 2.67 runs per 9 innings (1st in baseball).
Los Angeles bullpen pitchers hold an inherited score percentage of 25.0% out of their 20 inherited runners. Their relief pitchers have stepped onto the mound 15 times in high leverage situations and also on 14 occasions with base runners. Sitting with 13 save situations, the Dodgers have amassed 7 holds and 1 blown save. They are currently ranked 2nd in the league holding a save rate of 83.3%, and they have sent 72 bullpen pitchers to the hill so far this year. Los Angeles has had bullpen pitchers enter the game in 6 save chances and they have come away with 5 saves.
In 1,671 innings on the field, the Dodgers have earned a defensive efficiency of 74.5% (1st in MLB). The Los Angeles Dodgers have turned 15 double plays and have a fielding percentage of .991 (4th in the majors). The Dodgers have racked up 174 assists, 7 errors and have accumulated 557 putouts this season.
During his career, Urias has conceded 370 hits and he has 442 strikeouts in 442 frames. Urias (33-11 career mark) holds a 3.07 earned run average while giving up 7.5 hits per 9 innings. He has surrendered a total of 151 ER's while holding a WHIP of 1.143 and having a FIP of 3.4. His K/BB ratio is 3.25 and he has faced 1,819 opposing hitters during his MLB career.
Who will win tonight's MLB game against the spread or moneyline?
Josh Schonwald's Pick: Take San Francisco (+155)
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's Free MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Expert MLB Picks