San Francisco Giants vs Washington Nationals Prediction, 4/22/2022 MLB Picks, Best Bets & Odds
Game: San Francisco Giants vs Washington Nationals
Date: Friday, April 22, 2022
Location: Nationals Park in Washington, D.C.
The San Francisco Giants (8-4) are en route to Nationals Park on Friday where they will play the Washington Nationals (6-8).
San Francisco has a slugging rate of .372 and have struck out 114 times, while being walked on 41 occasions. They have tallied 48 runs batted in in addition to 89 base knocks on the campaign, while their team batting average is sitting at .224. The Giants have tallied 20 two-baggers as a unit and have knocked 13 baseballs out of the park. They have 53 runs while holding a team OBP of .299. As a team, the San Francisco Giants are putting up 4.4 runs per game, which has them at 11th in baseball.
Get all of our Free MLB Picks
Giants pitchers have allowed 3 long balls and 30 total runs (1st in MLB). Their pitching staff has walked 36 opposing batters and their FIP is 2.46 as a squad for the year. Their strikeout to walk ratio is 3.14 and the pitching staff holds a WHIP of 1.14. The Giants are sitting with a team earned run average of 2.33 on the year (1st in baseball), and the staff has struck out 113 batters.
Giants pitchers have stepped onto the hill with runners on 14 times as well as having 22 appearances in high leverage situations. The relievers have earned 7 holds this season (15th in baseball). The Giants relief pitchers have recorded a save percentage of 83.3% and has come into the game in 13 save situations. They have recorded 5 saves this season and have blown 1 of their 6 chances to get a save. The relievers have inherited 18 base runners on the year with 16.7% of those runners earned a run for their team. The Giants have sent 49 relievers to the mound so far this season.
The San Francisco Giants have earned 325 putouts this year, in addition to 106 assists and 5 errors. Their fielding rate is holding at .989 which has them sitting 9th in pro baseball, and they have turned 10 double plays. The Giants have converted 69.4% of balls in play into outs out of 975 innings on the field, ranking them 20th in the majors.
Junis has taken the mound for 515 frames and has totaled 468 strikeouts so far in his MLB career. Junis (29-35 career mark) is the owner of a FIP of 4.74 and he has faced 2,233 opposing hitters during his time in the majors. His earned run average is 4.82 (276 earned runs allowed) and he has a career WHIP of 1.353. He has allowed 553 base hits (9.7 hits per 9 innings) and has 144 free passes.
The Washington Nationals hold an OBP of .301 in addition to a team batting average of .229 for the season. They have struck out on 111 instances (11th in MLB) and have earned a total of 105 base hits. Washington has a total of 7 home runs this year and 52 RBIs. The Nationals hold a team SLG% of .318 and they are scoring 3.79 runs per contest (18th in the league). They have tallied 20 doubles, while taking a walk 44 times and earning 53 runs.
The Washington pitching staff have relinquished 72 runs for the year while having a team ERA of 4.94 (67 earned runs relinquished). They have surrendered 11 dingers and they give up 5.31 runs per 9 innings (27th in baseball). The Nationals are sitting with a team WHIP of 1.516 with a FIP of 3.93 as a team for the year. Their strikeout to walk ratio comes in at 1.98 (121 strikeouts vs 61 walks). They come in at 30th in MLB as a pitching staff in total hits relinquished with 124.
Washington bullpen pitchers have an inherited score percentage of 23.3% out of 30 inherited runners. Their relief pitchers have stepped onto the mound 14 times in high leverage situations and also on 16 occasions with runners on. With 13 save situations, the Nationals have recorded 9 holds in addition to 1 blown save. They are ranked 13th in baseball with a save percentage of 75.0%, and they have sent 57 relief pitchers onto the field on the year. Washington has called on bullpen pitchers to step onto the mound in 4 save opportunities and they have tallied 3 saves.
The Washington Nationals have gotten 9 double plays and have a fielding rate of .982 (22nd in professional baseball). The Nationals have recorded 115 assists, 9 errors and have earned 366 putouts during this campaign. In their 1,098 innings played, the Nationals are sitting with a defensive efficiency of 65.6% (29th in professional baseball).
Corbin (81-86 career mark) is the owner of a 4.12 ERA and has given up 9.1 hits per nine innings. His K/BB ratio is 3.16 and he has gone up against 5,939 hitters during his MLB career. He has surrendered 639 earned runs while holding a WHIP of 1.313 and being the owner of a FIP of 3.9. In his pro baseball career, Corbin has allowed 1,407 hits while he has totaled 1,349 strikeouts in 1,397 frames.
Who will win tonight's MLB game against the spread or moneyline?
Josh Schonwald's Pick: Take Washington
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's Free MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Expert MLB Picks