San Francisco Giants vs Washington Nationals Prediction, 4/24/2022 MLB Picks, Best Bets & Odds
Game: San Francisco Giants vs Washington Nationals
Date: Sunday, April 24, 2022
Location: Nationals Park in Washington, D.C.
The San Francisco Giants (9-5) are headed to Nationals Park on Sunday where they will try to beat the Washington Nationals (6-10).
The Giants have tallied 22 doubles as a team and have knocked 15 baseballs out of the stadium. San Francisco has a slugging percentage of .369 and have been called out on strikes 132 times, while drawing a walk on 46 occasions. As a unit, the San Francisco Giants are compiling 4.4 runs/g, which has them sitting at 10th in the league. They have accounted for 56 runs batted in in addition to 105 base knocks so far this year, and their team batting average comes in at .225. They have notched a total of 62 runs and have an on-base percentage of .299.
Get all of our Free MLB Picks
Giants pitchers have given up 6 home runs in addition to 37 runs (2nd in baseball). Their pitching staff has walked 41 opposing hitters and their FIP comes in at 2.74 as a team this year. They have a strikeout to walk ratio of 3.05 and their pitching staff has earned a collective WHIP of 1.17. The Giants are sitting with a team earned run average of 2.52 so far this season (3rd in baseball), and they have rung up 125 hitters.
The Giants have dispatched 54 relief pitchers to the hill on the season. The bullpen pitchers have inherited 18 base runners over the course of the season and 16.7% of them ended up scoring. They have recorded 5 saves this season and have blown 1 of their 6 chances to save the game. The Giants bullpen have earned a save percentage of 83.3% and has stepped onto the mound in 13 save situations. The relief pitchers have recorded 7 holds on the season (19th in the league). Giants relief pitchers have gone to the mound with runners on 14 times in addition to having 22 appearances in high leverage situations.
The Giants have turned 69.5% of baseballs in play into outs out of their 1,128 innings on the diamond, ranking them 19th in MLB. The San Francisco Giants have a tally of 376 putouts on the campaign, in addition to 126 assists and 5 errors. Their fielding percentage is holding at .990 which is 7th in the majors, and they have turned 13 double plays.
Webb has pitched in 260 frames and has 252 K's in his MLB career. His earned run average is 3.84 (111 earned runs allowed) and his career WHIP is 1.254. He has given up 248 base knocks (8.6 hits per nine innings) and has 78 free passes. Webb (17-11 win-loss mark in his career) is the owner of a FIP of 3.22 and he has faced 1,087 batters during his time in the majors.
Washington is sitting with 9 home runs this season to go along with 56 RBIs. They have notched 22 doubles, while taking a walk 49 times and scoring 57 runs. The Washington Nationals have compiled a team OBP of .295 as well as a batting average of .223 for the year. The Nationals have a slugging percentage of .317 and they score 3.56 runs per game (19th in the league). They have been rung up on 125 instances (12th in the league) and have tallied 116 hits.
The Nationals hold a team WHIP of 1.521 in addition to having a FIP of 4.11 as a squad so far this season. They are currently ranked 30th in baseball as a pitching staff in total hits conceded with 145. The Washington pitching staff have yielded 83 runs for the season while holding an ERA of 5.01 (78 earned runs conceded). They currently have a strikeout to walk ratio of 2.03 (138 strikeouts vs 68 walks). They have given up 15 long balls and they relinquish 5.34 runs per 9 innings (28th in the league).
With 13 save situations, the Nationals have recorded 9 holds and also 1 blown save. Washington has called on bullpen pitchers to step onto the mound in 4 save opportunities and they have walked away with 3 saves. Their relievers have stepped onto the hill 14 times in high leverage situations in addition to 17 occasions with runners on base. Washington relief pitchers have an inherited score rate of 22.6% out of 31 inherited base runners. They are ranked 15th in MLB with a save rate of 75.0%, and they have dispatched 66 relievers to the mound over the course of the season.
In their 1,260 innings played, the Nationals hold a defensive efficiency of 65.6% (30th in the majors). The Washington Nationals have turned 10 double plays and have a fielding rate of .982 (23rd in the majors). The Nationals have 131 assists, 10 errors and have 420 putouts during this campaign.
So far in his career, Gray has allowed 836 base hits and he has 857 strikeouts in 838 innings pitched. He has conceded 430 earned runs while holding a WHIP of 1.335 and being the owner of a FIP of 3.9. His strikeout to walk ratio is 3.03 and he has gone up against 3,592 hitters during his MLB career. Gray (53-50 career mark) has a 4.62 ERA and has conceded 9.0 hits per 9 innings.
Who will win tonight's MLB game against the spread or moneyline?
Josh Schonwald's Pick: Take Washington
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Get all of Today's Free MLB Picks
Get all of Today's Expert MLB Picks