Sunday, December 20, 2015
Joe Louis Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Calgary Flames travel to Joe Louis Arena to play the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, December 20, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Flames at +145 and the Red Wings at -165. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Calgary comes into this matchup having played 31 games. They have an overall record of 15-14-2 and on the road they have a record of 5-9-2. Currently they are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 83 goals and given up 105 goals for a point differential of -22. Detroit shows up with a record of 16-9-7 including 10-6-4 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 82 goals and surrendered 83 for a goal differential of -1.
John Gaudreau has accumulated 33 total points this season for the Flames. He has 12 goals this season with 74 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Sean Monahan has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 11 goals on 73 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 24 points on the season. Karri Ramo has 11 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 592 shots against him and has given up 55 goals. He has made 537 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 11 goals this season with 89 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 6 goals on 71 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. Jimmy Howard has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 446 shots against him and has given up 35 goals. He has made 411 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Flames have 32 total points this season. They have scored 82 goals while giving up 104 goals. They have had 93 power play opportunities and have scored 10 goals on those chances for a percentage of 11%. The Flames have allowed 84 power play opportunities and given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 73%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.14% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 89%.
The Red Wings have a total of 39 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 102 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 106 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Flames have a total of 81 goals scored while they've given up 81 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.83%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 14-16 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 16-13-1 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 15-16 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 10-15-7 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Injuries
12/16/15 RW Michael Frolik Shoulder out indefinitely
10/14/15 C Lance Bouma Fibula expected to miss 3 months
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
12/04/15 LW Drew Miller Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
12/04/15 LW Teemu Pulkkinen Shoulder out 6-8 weeks
10/24/15 D Kyle Quincey Ankle out until mid-February
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Detroit
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.