Thursday, December 31, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Chicago Blackhawks travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday, December 31, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Blackhawks at -126 and the Avalanche at +114. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Chicago comes into this matchup having played 38 games. They have an overall record of 21-13-4 and on the road they have a record of 7-8-3. Currently they are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 104 goals and given up 94 goals for a point differential of +10. Colorado shows up with a record of 18-17-2 including 6-8-2 at home this season. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 106 goals and surrendered 102 for a goal differential of +4.
Patrick Kane has accumulated 53 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 22 goals this season with 130 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Jonathan Toews has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 12 goals on 86 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 23 points on the season. Corey Crawford has 19 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has had 904 shots against him and has given up 70 goals. He has made 834 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 8 goals this season with 81 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 13 goals on 117 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 12 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 691 shots against him and has given up 59 goals. He has made 632 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Blackhawks have 46 total points this season. They have scored 103 goals while giving up 94 goals. They have had 116 power play opportunities and have scored 27 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Blackhawks have allowed 108 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.89% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have a total of 38 points on the season. They have 26 power play goals on 128 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 112 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Blackhawks have a total of 106 goals scored while they've given up 102 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.19%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 20-17 straight up
The Chicago Blackhawks are 13-18-6 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 18-19 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 18-18-1 against the over/under
Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
12/19/15 C Marcus Kruger Wrist expected to miss 4 months
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/26/15 GO Reto Berra Ankle expected to miss 10 days
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Chicago
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.