Sunday, December 27, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Columbus Blue Jackets travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Sunday, December 27, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Blue Jackets at +127 and the Panthers at -140. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Columbus comes into this matchup having played 36 games. They have an overall record of 13-20-3 and on the road they have a record of 8-12-0. Currently they are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 88 goals and given up 112 goals for a point differential of -24. Florida shows up with a record of 19-12-4 including 9-6-2 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 95 goals and surrendered 81 for a goal differential of +14.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 23 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 83 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Scott Hartnell has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 13 goals on 74 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 11 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 713 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 653 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 10 goals this season with 60 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 10 goals on 64 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 14 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 829 shots against him and has given up 62 goals. He has made 767 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Blue Jackets have 29 total points this season. They have scored 87 goals while giving up 111 goals. They have had 112 power play opportunities and have scored 20 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Blue Jackets have allowed 121 power play opportunities and given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.35% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Panthers have a total of 42 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 118 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 108 power play opportunities and have given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Blue Jackets have a total of 90 goals scored while they've given up 80 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.06%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 12-23 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 15-18-3 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 14-16 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 12-15-8 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
12/26/15 LW Nick Foligno Undisclosed expected to miss Saturday vs. Tampa Bay & Sunday vs. Florida
12/26/15 GO Sergei Bobrovsky Groin is upgraded to "?" Saturday vs. Tampa Bay
12/25/15 D Jack Johnson Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Tampa Bay
12/19/15 D David Savard Ankle out 4 weeks
11/30/15 LW Markus Hannikainen Shoulder expected to miss 2 months
11/21/15 D Cody Goloubef Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/26/15 C Nick Bjugstad Migraine is upgraded to "?" Sunday vs. Columbus
12/14/15 D Steven Kampfer Knee out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Columbus
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.