Monday, December 21, 2015
Consol Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Columbus Blue Jackets travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, December 21, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Blue Jackets at +132 and the Penguins at -146. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Columbus comes into this matchup having played 35 games. They have an overall record of 13-19-3 and on the road they have a record of 8-11-0. Currently they are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 86 goals and given up 107 goals for a point differential of -21. Pittsburgh shows up with a record of 15-14-3 including 8-7-2 at home this season. They are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 71 goals and surrendered 82 for a goal differential of -11.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 81 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Scott Hartnell has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 13 goals on 74 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 11 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 713 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 653 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Sidney Crosby has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 6 goals this season with 93 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Evgeni Malkin has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 15 goals on 97 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 28 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 13 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 764 shots against him and has given up 57 goals. He has made 707 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Blue Jackets have 29 total points this season. They have scored 85 goals while giving up 106 goals. They have had 109 power play opportunities and have scored 20 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Blue Jackets have allowed 117 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.35% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Penguins have a total of 33 points on the season. They have 16 power play goals on 108 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 111 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Blue Jackets have a total of 70 goals scored while they've given up 80 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 6.95%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 12-22 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 14-18-3 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 14-17 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 10-17-5 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
12/20/15 D Jack Johnson Upper Body probable Monday vs. Pittsburgh
12/19/15 D David Savard Ankle out 4 weeks
12/09/15 GO Sergei Bobrovsky Groin expected to miss 3-4 weeks
11/30/15 LW Markus Hannikainen Shoulder expected to miss 2 months
11/21/15 D Cody Goloubef Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
12/20/15 C Sidney Crosby Lower Body "?" Monday vs. Columbus
12/15/15 GO Marc-Andre Fleury Concussion expected to miss 1-2 weeks
12/14/15 RW Beau Bennett Shoulder expected to miss 4-6 weeks
12/11/15 D Kris Letang Upper Body out indefinitely
12/08/15 RW Pascal Dupuis Blood Clot has retired
Josh's Pick: Take Pittsburgh
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.