Saturday, December 26, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Saturday, December 26, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at +130 and the Predators at -150. The over/under has been set at 5.
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 34 games. They have an overall record of 17-10-7 and on the road they have a record of 6-3-3. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 89 goals and given up 89 goals for a point differential of 0. Nashville shows up with a record of 17-11-6 including 11-4-3 at home this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 90 goals and surrendered 86 for a goal differential of +4.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 13 goals this season with 98 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 6 goals on 78 shots. He has 21 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Jimmy Howard has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 452 shots against him and has given up 38 goals. He has made 414 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Shea Weber has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Predators. He has 10 goals this season with 83 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 24 minutes played per game. Filip Forsberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 7 goals on 100 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 22 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 14 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 768 shots against him and has given up 68 goals. He has made 700 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Red Wings have 41 total points this season. They have scored 88 goals while giving up 87 goals. They have had 110 power play opportunities and have scored 20 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Red Wings have allowed 114 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.98% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Predators have a total of 40 points on the season. They have 24 power play goals on 115 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 104 power play opportunities and have given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 88 goals scored while they've given up 85 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.31%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 16-17 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 12-15-7 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 15-17 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 12-16-6 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
12/22/15 D Jonathan Ericsson Upper Body "?" Saturday vs Nashville
12/04/15 LW Drew Miller Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
12/04/15 LW Teemu Pulkkinen Shoulder out 6-8 weeks
10/24/15 D Kyle Quincey Ankle out until mid-February
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
Nashville Predators Injuries
12/23/15 C Mike Fisher Knee "?" Saturday vs. Detroit
11/28/15 LW Gabriel Bourque Upper Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Nashville
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.