Saturday, November 28, 2015
Consol Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Edmonton Oilers travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, November 28, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Oilers at +186 and the Penguins at -208. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Edmonton comes into this matchup having played 22 games. They have an overall record of 7-14-1 and on the road they have a record of 3-9-0. Currently they are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 56 goals and given up 68 goals for a point differential of -12. Pittsburgh shows up with a record of 13-8-0 including 8-4-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 49 goals and surrendered 49 for a goal differential of 0.
Taylor Hall has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 9 goals this season with 95 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has averaged 21 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 6 goals on 41 shots. He has 10 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Cam Talbot has 3 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 318 shots against him and has given up 35 goals. He has made 283 saves for a save percentage of 89%.
Sidney Crosby has accumulated 13 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 5 goals this season with 61 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Evgeni Malkin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 8 goals on 50 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 19 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 11 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 526 shots against him and has given up 40 goals. He has made 486 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Oilers have 15 total points this season. They have scored 56 goals while giving up 68 goals. They have had 73 power play opportunities and have scored 14 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Oilers have allowed 67 power play opportunities and given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.81% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 89%.
The Penguins have a total of 26 points on the season. They have 12 power play goals on 77 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 73 power play opportunities and have given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Oilers have a total of 48 goals scored while they've given up 49 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.45%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 7-15 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 13-7-2 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 12-8 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 6-12-3 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
11/26/15 D Justin Schultz Back expected to miss Friday vs. Detroit
11/26/15 RW Nail Yakupov Ankle expected to miss 2-4 weeks
11/18/15 LW Luke Gazdic Illness expected to miss 7-10 days
11/03/15 C Connor McDavid Collarbone expected to be out until mid-to-late January
10/29/15 LW Rob Klinkhammer Leg out indefinitely
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
11/18/15 D Olli Maatta Upper Body expected to miss 3-4 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take Edmonton
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.