Friday, December 11, 2015
Consol Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Los Angeles Kings travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday, December 11, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Kings at -103 and the Penguins at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Los Angeles comes into this matchup having played 27 games. They have an overall record of 18-8-1 and on the road they have a record of 7-3-1. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 71 goals and given up 57 goals for a point differential of +14. Pittsburgh shows up with a record of 15-10-2 including 8-4-1 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 65 goals and surrendered 64 for a goal differential of +1.
Anze Kopitar has accumulated 16 total points this season for the Kings. He has 8 goals this season with 47 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 11 goals on 83 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Jonathan Quick has 15 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 604 shots against him and has given up 50 goals. He has made 554 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Sidney Crosby has accumulated 19 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 6 goals this season with 75 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Evgeni Malkin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 12 goals on 76 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 13 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 690 shots against him and has given up 51 goals. He has made 639 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Kings have 37 total points this season. They have scored 70 goals while giving up 56 goals. They have had 83 power play opportunities and have scored 15 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Kings have allowed 101 power play opportunities and given up 16 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.91% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Penguins have a total of 32 points on the season. They have 15 power play goals on 93 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 93 power play opportunities and have given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Kings have a total of 64 goals scored while they've given up 63 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.84%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 17-9 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 5-10-11 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 14-12 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 9-15-3 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/08/15 LW Kyle Clifford Upper Body "?" Friday vs Pittsburgh
12/08/15 C Trevor Lewis Upper Body "?" Friday vs Pittsburgh
10/22/15 D Matt Greene Shoulder out indefinitely
10/06/15 LW Dwight King Foot out 8-10 weeks
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
12/08/15 RW Pascal Dupuis Blood Clot has retired
Josh's Pick: Take Los Angeles
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.